Monday, April 16, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook





FOR TODAY April 16, 2012


Outside my window...a mild and glorious  day...  


I am hearing... my neighbor  mowing his grass and the school children playing  by the school yard fence


I am thinking... it will be nice when school is out and  the  neighborhood will  sort of settle into a  reverie


I am thankful..for    my  sweet husband  who  spoils me   so  terribly and    is  a joy to have home  with me in his retirement


In the kitchen...  no ideas yet... the larder is fairly bare...  getting my shopping list together  a little alter


I am wearing...  black tee and  pink shorts




I am creating..just not into the creative  jibe these days


I am going... to the Symphony tonight It is a Russian Feast of delectable music..


Rimsky-Korsakov Russian Easter Overture

Borodin Symphony No. 2 in B minor

Rachmaninoff Piano Concerto No. 2 in C minor
Our  soloist pianist tonight is  featured in this wonderful youtube video...

I am reading...


The Metabolism Miracle  by  Diane Kress, RD, CDE  3 steps to regain control of your weight...permanently
This book comes highly recommended  for   those who are concerned about  lowering their blood sugar and losing weight


Eric Metaxas  best selling  book, BONHOEFFER: Pastor, Martyr, Prophet, Spy
I am hoping...    that I will  be able to  read the whole  Metaxas book...   It is   a rather huge undertaking at over 500 pages,  but I first saw Metaxas speak at the Congressional Prayer breakfast and he is an engaging and very   moving speaker and writer...  his faith is  prominent and his  understanding of the parallels  with today's  culture  and  that of  the Third Reich era   are daunting.


I am looking forward to..this weekend...   two parties...  our Sunday School class is meeting a t  the Langsfords  for dinner and games and then a birthday on Saturday... I do love  good parties with good friends


I am learning... devote more time to higher endeavors and less on tv...  it is a good thing!




Around the house.. great gains have been made in the basement... except for some fine tuning  it is basically a done deal!


I am pondering...exactly what I am going to pack on our trip  next week....   time to get that list going as well...


A favorite quote for today...
Beware in your prayers, above everything else, of limiting God, not only by unbelief, but by fancying that you know what He can do.   Andrew Murray
One of my favorite things..

bus trips with  our church friends...
Photobucket
Our group  has taken  shorter  trips to dinner theater and  rides along  the Blue Ridge parkway    to longer trips to Gatlinburg, TN and Lancaster, PA.. Just 2 years ago we went to  see Joseph at the Sight and Sound Theater   and this year  ... next week,,, we're going back to see Jonah!!!  I can  hardly wait!!!!!!
A few plans for the rest of the week:
Monday: blogtime,  plant some  flowers in pots  on the patio. list making, Symphony
Tuesday-allergy shot, breakfast out, visit mom and dad. marketing
Wednesday- yard work,  laundry, blogtime,mom and dad to the doctor,  church dinner, Adult study
Thursday- mom  to the doctor, Senior Choir,  luncheon,      
Friday-   free day..  cooking a dish to share,.  Sunday School dinner and game night
  Saturday- prayer chapel, birthday party, Courageous movie/ pizza party


A peek into my day...



Photobucket
And ,of course, that unending  ton of laundry always awaiting me in the laundry room!

Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook here for more offerings...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~