Sunday, May 10, 2015

day 2 part II Touring Dublin

Following our morning tour, we were dropped off near Trinity College and had the afternoon free . I knew where I wanted to go... I absolutely loved the movie Leap Year, and I was hoping to see the park through which the young couple, Declan and his fair lass, Anna, strolled in Dublin...I had a suspicion it was St. Stephen's Green so Lynn and I took out our trusty map and made our way there.. only a few blocks beyond my favorite shopping street! I particularly remembered how they walked over the arched stone bridge and the swans flew over majestically....
  We  found the park and a   quick  stroll   thorugh  the iron  gates   and we  saw the swans!
And  then.. I was  standing on the bridge 
 
With all the     overgrowth it was  hard to see     but here
I took a photo of my handsome lad who had just traversed it...
   But  then I wanted to shop and I knew hpow very far it was  back to the hotel so   we  made our way on to Nassau  Street.  Many delightful offerings there!
Image result for nassau street dublinImage result for nassau street dublinImage result for nassau street dublinImage result for nassau street dublin
But  a lassie of my   age and fitness knows when it's time to   start   the long trek back    through Trinity campus,  Across the Liffey on   to O'Connell Street
Image result for oconnell street dublinImage result for oconnell street dublin
Image result for oconnell street dublin
Image result for oconnell street dublin
a few blocks to Millenial Tower


Image result for gresham hotel dublin
to the Gresham Hotel...........
 I was  ready for a   nice  rest!






Image result for gresham hotel dublin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~