Monday, May 25, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday

I have been so consumed with creating a page of posts about our Irish trip and then on the trip,,and then not feeling well, that I have been terribly negligent to post for some time previously.. it is nice to get back to business at hand.... blogging, to me, is a great motivator... it helps me get things done so that I have something to write about!
CLick here to return to   Happy Homemaker Monday.


The weather in my neck of the woods:

The past few days have been simply divine,,, except for the awful pollen count which has necessarily kept me indoors unless i simply had to get out! Today is another grand day!

Things that make me happy: 

getting done that have been on a back burner for a very long time... more about that in the coming day!

Menu for this week:

That is one organizational tool I would love to implement and not any time soon.

What's on my TV today: 

If it's not HGTV, the Food Channel, The Middle, or Tom Selleck.... IM not interested.... we did away with TCM and so I am training myself not to watch as much tv.

Looking around the house:
Without giving too much away... I have cleaned out a bookcase cabinet and put it all on the sunroom table. I need to clean out a hutch in the kitcehn and I ahve no idea where to put that stuff.. dining room table I guess.. then move a desk, and a filing cabinet and take a computer table to the goodwill. do all that to clear a spot in the kitchen..... lots to do this week,, and meanwhile, every clear surface will be piled to the ceiling..

On my To Do List:

Like I said, empty several pieces of furniture. get rid of about half the stuff accumulated in these items of furniture, to move them around from room to room to make space in our kitchen....

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:

Well, I have definitely been ahving withdrawals from Irish tea and scones, so I will probably figure out an easy scone recipe this week.

In the craft basket:

I am crafting ideas in my mind and on paper about a major project in the works!

Looking forward to this week:

Talking to a home improvement coordinator and freelance contractor about said project 

Tips and Tricks:

Take it from me.... just because you could, don't.... just because I could take some of my grandma's books when they were unloading stuff, I did,, just old books... they looked nice on the book case , but now I dont need or want them, but it is hard work to get them together and lug them to whereever I can get rid of them... Ok, Cousins, believe me... you dont want them either... just old agriculture books....also, just because I grew up with momma's glass serving dishes... doesnt mean I had to keep them.... I already had my own... too much stuff in cabinets now I have to decide how to dispose of a ton of this stuff....


My favorite blog post this week: 

NO time to look at any..... maybe I can do this soon.

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):

Same answer

No words needed (favorite photo or picture):
Lynn and I riding the jaunting carts in Killarney!

Lesson learned the past few days:

Trust and Obey, for there's no other way.. to be happy in Jesus than to trust and obey! 

On my mind:

I am so thankful that even though this past week was horrid when our little granddaughter was ill, God is faithful, and He answers our prayers unceasingly!

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

Many places in Scripture extol the faithfulness of God.Lamentations 3:22–23says, “Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” So, what is faithfulness?

The Hebrew word translated “faithfulness” means “steadfastness, firmness, fidelity.” The opposite of being faithful is to be ever-changing or wishy-washy.Psalm 119:89–90says, “Your word, Lord, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens. Your faithfulness continues through all generations.” Here faithfulness is equated with God’s Word. God speaks never-ending truth. If God spoke something a thousand years ago, it still stands. He is faithful to His Word, because His Word is an expression of His character. The promises He made still hold true because He does not change (Malachi 3:6). We see this illustrated from a human perspective in a couple married for eighty years. When the wife lies on her deathbed, her husband sits nearby holding her hand. He won’t leave her, even though she no longer recognizes him. He is faithful to the promises he made to her. In the same way, God remains faithful to His promises, even though we are often unfaithful to Him (2 Timothy 2:13).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~