Monday, May 25, 2015

Dreaming Now, but Soon....

 So  the   items are on order and  now I just wait.....   but  they said  it may only be a couple of weeks  and then a couple of weeks for installing   and then, of course, Lynn will   be painting..

 the impetus is  to upgrade our kitchen and  invest in our home....  we figured it was a good way to safeguard  some   capital we  saved for a rainy day....     we figured our kitchen was   better than our mattress...    and  then  one day  when    I  can't stand  going up those stairs anymore   we might be   able to  sell this place and get  a  nice patio retirement home...   but   alas, I get ahead of myself.  
Our  1930's  English Tudor  kitchen  is pretty  much as it   has always been  in the  27 years  we've lived here...
Photobucket
With the exception of  the newer  floor we did a few years ago  and the  newer paint pallette  a few more years ago....  and  I can't help myself,.,. I still love both...  the    eggplant walls  and  the    border...   so  it will remain.  I mean  we should  enjoy what we like,   right? But, that hutch has got to go... to make room for  another wall of  cabinets... with built in desk  for   technology, and you can just  barely see the  foot of the pie safe at  the right... beside  the  furnace flue...  that has to go to make  way for a  floor to ceiling pantry...  YAYAYAYA!
 photo spring014.jpg
Love this photo of Lynn packing his lunch to go to work...  but, heheh, behind him you can see  just  how small this   1930's kitchen is...   I mean really I have made do with  2 drawers in my kitchen  following  the redo  I will have  3 times as many drawers....Just this   past   new years  during the  appliance  sales  I was ready to  go start replacing  the appliances with   stainless...    and I  fell in love with the  french door   fridge!

Gallery 21.93 cu. ft. French Door Refrigerator in Stainless Steel, Counter Depth

But, alas,  the new   fridges  are  so   much bigger now,  the  hole  under  my  upper cabinets   wasnt big enough.. That would take a major overhaul,   so I  still have  the white....and   will   probably keep  them.. They a re all  new  enough and still in great  working  order.  So  yes,   we have new  cabinets on order
  
New  cabinets for   some of the kitchen..
 new doors  on the old cabinets..which Lynn  will paint  Behr,  Rolling Pebble
Cabinet color: Annie Sloan French Linen  sample photo

At this time,   there are  wooden  valances   on the windows on the  other side of the kitchen  with  ugly  recessed  square   lights...  very    vintage  1950...  I am spoiling myself   and replacing them with   these  great lights I keep seeing on HGTV  redo's
  sample photo
  to brighten the whole  room  I   have ordered  this   lovely granite
 which   includes my lovely   deep red  I love so much!
And I   really love my new  updated  hardware..
Cup Pull 64mm Center-to-Center Brushed Nickel  and  Berenson 3014-1BPN Cabinet Hardware 96MM C/C Cabinet Pull
So , until  the  end of June, I  am in dreaming stage...  but reality  is   dawning soon.

Make it Pretty 
A Return to Loveliness@ A Delightsome Life

3 comments:

  1. Pretty choices! Can't wait to see the finished product. Love that light- who is it made by? Thanks, Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The light is made by Quoizel.. The Emery collection.

      Delete
  2. How exciting! Looking forward to seeing the finished room!
    Found you at the Thursday Favorites Link Party!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~