Saturday, May 16, 2015

Ireland day 5 afternoon

And then we  walked over to the other side of the look out   and      our jaws dropped...   we were  looking right into the   Wild Atlantic Way   from the  tip of  the Ring of kerry...

 My eyes  actually teared up when I saw the shepp grazing on the  slopes  leading down to   the bay..  like many photos I ahd seen   by only dreamed of ever seeing with my own eyes!
 So this was the mouth of  the Bay of Kerry
 too soon   John  corralled us back on the bus  as we  started our descent  and  back around the  peninsula    toward  our  hotel!
 I had to pinch myself   with glee   with every    view...  over our good fortune to  actually be there and  to have such a grand day for   seeing   it!



 Just to think that on the other side of  this  mass of  seas  was  Newfoundland!      And  to match the  Wild  Atlantic,  the land   ruggedly  put  forth its best  front!  OH, how I love Ireland!
Back   at  our hotel,    we  were  sort of famished and  tired  from the excitement  so we  decided to brave the  bar...
Image result for Killarney avenue Hotel  outdoor dining

 rather nice, I'd say..
   and  we  enjoyed    fish and chips    and  a  delicious frothy  draught  Guiness.  A  lovely ending to   an awesome day!

1 comment:

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~