Monday, August 17, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday


Return to     The Diary of The Stay At Home Mom here!
On the weather front:
Already 71 this morning  with  a forecast of 90.....   

but   may be our last 90 day  for a while....

On my bedside table:
Prayer Altars,  by John Mulinde
Set Apart for God, by  Derek Prince

On my TV:
Hallmark movies
HGTV, Ina Garten

On the menu for tonight:
grilled sirloin  salad

The week ahead:~We are replacing  old worn out  cell  phones, 

hopefully sometime
~My endoscopy at the local hospital

~Dinner out with  friends  prior to    Bible Study
~Take  daughter's violin  up to  the  university  town 
 to have it   worked on a bit... new bridge and reconditioning
this includes  a  wonderful   ride through the  country!  Love it!

On my To Do List:
~laundry

~mopping
~dusting

New Recipe I tried last week:

Chicken in Garlic White Wine Cream Sauce


Prep Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 50 mins
Servings: 4

Ingredients
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup onion, chopped
3 minced garlic cloves
sliced  red pepper
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup white wine
1 dash Worcestershire sauce
1 pint cream ( heavy or light)
salt and pepper
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon parsley

Directions
Lightly brown both sides of chicken in olive oil.
Add onion, garlic, peppers, and butter and saute about
 4-5 minutes until onions start to become translucent.
Add wine and Worcestershire sauce and cook an additional 2 minutes.
Lower heat and add cream, salt, pepper, basil, and parsley.
Too high of heat will cause the cream to curdle.
Simmer on low 20-25 minutes until done


Looking forward to:
Our  children whoa re coming  in a few weeks.... 

 planning   and prepping for their visit...
want it to be fun at Ga Ga's house!

Homemaking Tip for this week:

One I live by,   if you keep the house generally picked up,
then you dont have to sweat it  if you  dont get the
small  details   taken  care of   .. they will always be 
there the next day!


Favorite photo from last week:


Precious  grand daughter making silly faces!  Making

the mostof her   3 weeks in a cast  for a  bad boo boo.


Lesson learned the past few days:
All good things come to those who wait!


On my Prayer List:
family,  church, friends,  our city,  our nation, 

Israel,  or  government

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

Isaiah 6: 1-8

6 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord,
 high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train 
of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him were 
seraphim, each with six wings: With two wings
 they covered their faces, with two they covered 
their feet, and with two they were flying. 3 And 
they were calling to one another:

“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty;
the whole earth is full of his glory.”

4 At the sound of their voices the doorposts and
 thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.

5 “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am
 a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people
 of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King,
 the Lord Almighty.”

6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a live
 coal in his hand, which he had taken with tong
s from the altar. 7 With it he touched my mouth
 and said, “See, this has touched your lips; your
 guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for.”

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 
“Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

1 comment:

  1. Loved your picture of your granddaughter - too cute! Your recipe sounds delicious. Wishing you a smooth procedure this week. Have a blessed week!

    My HHM post

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~