Monday, August 24, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday


Return to     The Diary of The Stay At Home Mom here!
On the weather front:

It is  80 degrees now at 8pm with an expected low of 61.  I   am
loving seeing the  gradual   drop in temps each week!!!

On my bedside table:
Prayer Altars,  by John Mulinde
Set Apart for God, by  Derek Prince

On my TV:
Last night I watched the Jesse Stone marathon...

On the menu for tonight:
chicken salad

The week ahead:~

We are replacing  old worn out  cell  phones, 
~Face time with our kids
~Game day  with our Sunday School class... I'm taking the
   yummy cake I posted last week
~Sitting a  friend while his wife  undergoes  serious  surgery

On my To Do List:
~laundry

~mopping
~dusting

New Recipe I tried last week:

Chicken Stir-Fry  from Allrecipes.com





Submitted By: Katie Sechrist
Photo By: Empress of Sorrow

Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Ready In: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
Servings: 6
"
INGREDIENTS:

2 cups white rice
4 cups water
2/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3 skinless, boneless chicken breast
halves, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 green bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts,
drained
1 head broccoli, broken into florets
1 cup sliced carrots
1 onion, cut into large chunks
1 tablespoon sesame oil

DIRECTIONS:
1. Bring rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender, and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
2. Combine soy sauce, brown sugar, and corn starch in a small bowl; stir until smooth. Mix ginger, garlic, and red pepper into sauce; coat chicken with marinade and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir bell pepper, water chestnuts, broccoli, carrots, and onion until just tender, about 5 minutes. Remove vegetables from skillet and keep warm.
4. Remove chicken from marinade, reserving liquid. Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chicken until slightly pink on the inside, about 2 minutes per side; return vegetables and reserved marinade to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink in the middle and vegetables are tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Serve over rice.

Looking forward to:
Our  children who are coming  in a week and a half    YAYAYAYAYA!

 Planning   and prepping for their visit...
want it to be fun at Ga Ga's house!

Homemaking Tip for this week:

Just like packing to go   out of the country...  when I look at my  junk closet.. yes I have one and    I  am giving it up for  more  bathroom space....  clear it  out by half  one week,  then clear it out by half the next week..  then   keep only about  1/4 of  what you  have  after  a few weeks   and find a new place to put it  unless you've decided  you can just throw  that  1/4 away too, now! Junk isn't that important!


Favorite photo from last week:

Sweetie pie got her cast off today  and   she   is so happy!






















Lesson learned the past few days:
All good things come to those who wait!


On my Prayer List:
family,  church, friends,  our city,  our nation, 

Israel,  or  government

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:


The Lord Is My Light and My Salvation
Psalm Of David.

27 
 The Lord is my light and my isalvation;

whom shall I fear?

The Lord is the stronghold of my life;

of whom shall I be afraid?

2 When evildoers assail me

to eat up my flesh,

my adversaries and foes,

it is they who stumble and fall.

3 Though an army encamp against me,

my heart shall not fear;

though war arise against me,

yet I will be confident.

4 One thing have I asked of the Lord,

that will I seek after:

that I may dwell in the house of the Lord

all the days of my life,

to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord

and to inquire in his temple.

5 For he will hide me in his shelter

in the day of trouble;

he will conceal me under the cover of his tent;

he will lift me high upon a rock.

6 And now my head shall be lifted up

above my enemies all around me,

and I will offer in his tent

sacrifices with shouts of joy;

I will sing and make melody to the Lord.

7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry aloud;

be gracious to me and answer me!

8 You have said, “Seek my face.”

My heart says to you,

“Your face, Lord, do I seek.”

9 Hide not your face from me.

Turn not your servant away in anger,

O you who have been my help.

Cast me not off; forsake me not,

O God of my salvation!

10 For my father and my mother have forsaken me,

but the Lord will take me in.

11 Teach me your way, O Lord,

and lead me on ba level path

because of my enemies.

12 Give me not up to the will of my adversaries;

for false witnesses have risen against me,

and they breathe out violence.

13 I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord

in the land of the living!

14 hWait for the Lord;

be strong, and let your heart take courage;

wait for the Lord!

3 comments:

  1. love psalm 27! i read it a lot when i was working at my first, icky job!

    love you,
    a

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you will have lots of fun when your family comes to visit I have been on both sides of that with our grands living away from us and now with them close I hope you all have a great time
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for no cast!!! I'm loving watching the temps drop too :) what's your recipe for chicken salad?

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~