Monday, August 3, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday




Today I am joining The Diary of the Stay at home Mom here.


On the weather front:

A mild morning but will be hot today! 

Hope the humidity won't be too bad.....

On my bedside table:
On a Highland Shore by Kathleen Givens.. 

a reread and am loving it so much yet again.
Prayer Altars, A strategy that is Changing Nations,

by John Mulinde and Mark Daniel. 

This powerful book in my estimation is second to

the Bible in spiritual growth and christian discipline.

On my TV:
Aidan Turner in “Poldark.”
Last night's 2-hour Poldark was amazing.... 

I love BBC master piece productions


On the menu for tonight:


Beef tips over rice

On my To Do List:

Laundry~ vacation clothes are spilling out on the floor!

dusting

finishing unpacking and putting things where they belong

New Recipe I tried last week:

This looks just like the delicious french toast
souffle' we enjoyed at the B and B last week,.
found this on Allrecipes.com



Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes 
Ready In: 9 Hours 20 Minutes
Servings: 12
"This is a scrumptious casserole of bread, cream cheese, eggs, and milk. 

Tastes just like regular French toast but it's made the night before and 
baked in the oven. This is not really sweet so you might like more maple 
syrup with it."
INGREDIENTS:
10 cups white bread cubes
1 (8 ounce) package lowfat cream
cheese, softened
8 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk 
2/3 cup half-and-half cream
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar

DIRECTIONS:
1. Place bread cubes in a lightly greased9x13 inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth.
Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in milk, half and half,
maple syrup, and vanilla until mixture is smooth.
Pour cream cheese mixture over the bread; cover, and refrigerate overnight.
3. The next morning, remove souffle from refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature
for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375degrees F (190 degrees C).
4. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted 
in the center comes out clean.
Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, and serve warm

My creative mind:

I have been and continue to create an atmosphere in my kitchen decor that reflects 
cottage style in a modern and upscale fashion incorporating more stainless steel and updated
ideas.....now if     I  can  come up with the  dough......  I'll be bakin'! 

           Bosch - 500 Series 24" Tall Tub Built-In Dishwasher - Stainless-Steel Model: SHP65T55UC - $800Quoizel ER1508
samsung refrigerator  Samsung Model # RF268ABRS, $2,499    Estimated yearly energy cost: $55  Capacity: 26 cubic feet  Also available in black or white for $2,199, or platinum for $2,399; lowes.com    Pros: Our top-rated model    Read more: French Door Refrigerators - Best Refrigerators - Good HousekeepingLG 5-Burner Freestanding 5.4-cu Self-Cleaning Gas Range (Stainless Steel) (Common: 30-in; Actual: 29.93-in)
Looking forward to:

1. Lynn to finish painting the kitchen cabinets ...it has been over three weeks since he held a
paint brush... my patience is wearing thin...ok, 2 weeks of that was vacation but it's time!!!!!

2. The new fridge to be delivered

3. The new shutters to be delivered and installed. the new lights be hung!!!!

Homemaking Tip for this week:
Because of the stress of climbing stairs so often during the day, I keep a bag tucked 
away at the foot of the stairs and collect items that need to be brought up and put away
and things collect at the bottom of the steps until I can fill my bag and bring it up... 
ok, call it lazy, but it works for me!

Favorite photo from last week:


Lesson learned last week:

I am relearning the benefit and wisdom of keeping my thoughts to myself. 

On my Prayer List:


This beautiful country that seems to be smack dab in the middle of a spiritual battle.
This one is so important and I am borrowing from our hostess.

Our precious wee Birdie took a bad tumble yesterday and hurt her foot.. praying it isnt broken or any long lasting effects of any kind!

Our prayer event tonight will be a blessing and will inspire many more new folks 
to come out and join in our initiative to unite  the churches in our valley


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

Colossians 3:12

12 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion,
kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.


4 comments:

  1. What a sweet girl! I make a similar french toast casserole, except it's "creme brulee" casserole and it's yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, love the picture of her and dad!
    a

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so yummy. Hope your sweet little one is ok

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I struggle with that lesson on keeping my thoughts to myself quite often. Love that light fixture. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~