Monday, August 10, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday


On the weather front:

This morning  is  mild, cloudy  with a  great  chance of  afternoon rain!  YAYAYA


On my bedside table:
Image result for set apart for god derek prince


Set Apart for God by Derek Prince, Holiness is a priceless gift from God
that most people never unwrap. In his trademark clear, compassionate approach,
best-selling author Derek Prince reveals the beauty and power of holiness.
He explains that as we seek holiness, we will understand how deeply our holy God
loves us and be continually drawn closer to Him. Discover How God predestined
you to be holy.. What holiness is and what it is not... God's provisions to bring you
into His holiness..... How to apply God's promises and "participate" in His divine
nature..... How to become what God created you to be... The practical outworking
of holiness in your life... How holiness enables you to fulfill your calling from God.


On my TV:

HGTV.  Food Network,  Blue Bloods
Cast of Blue Bloods

On the menu for tonight:

Vegetable Beef Soup

The week Ahead:

Monday:  Cleaning and organizing
Tuesday:  Facetime with   our   kids  :):  marketing
Wednesday:  Dental Appt:  breakfast out:  shopping
Thursday:Accompany lynn to Eye Dr:  
Friday: Morning  coffee  group and   brunch with  Prayer  Sista's

On my To Do List:
change bed clothes.  laundry,  dust,, vaccuum,  organize  bookcases
and  closets  some more  maybe a bit of ironing   BAh Humbug!

New Recipe I tried last week:
I want to get out the kitchenaid aid and mix up some biscuits this week...

For the biscuits:

2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons butter, cut into squares
3/4 cup buttermilk

1 egg, beaten

Preheat your oven to 425°F. Using your stand mixer on low with the standard
whisk attachment, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
Turn mixer onto medium speed, then cut butter into mixture until it begins
to look like cornmeal.Switch out the whisk attachment for your dough hook
attachment. Turn the mixer onto medium speed again, slowly adding in
the buttermilk in 3 additions. Mix just until the dough comes together.

Take the dough from the hook and roll it onto a lightly floured surface.
Using a rolling pin, spead the dough out until it is 1 inch in thickness.
Cut the dough using a metal cookie cutter.
I did this and they came out great! Place the dough onto a greased
baking sheet, then brush with your beaten egg (this is optional, but will
give the biscuits a shiny golden-brown top, so I always do it).
Bake for ~15 minutes, until your biscuits are golden brown on the top
and slightly firm to the touch. Eat immediately with jam, eggs, cheese,
on their own, whatever.


Looking forward to:
time spent  around coffee and great food with my prayer Sista's..
 we  try to get  together a couple times a month

Homemaking Tip for this week:
We keep  a  bag  on a hook in the   linen closet  upstairs  to  put 
 extra  Walmart bags  to use  as  trash can liners in the   waste 
baskets upstairs.  They a re the perfect  size!

Favorite photo from last week:

















When I saw this  plate  at the consignment shop I   immediately knew
 I wanted it to add a bit of whimsy to my kitchen  whcih I  consider
 to be  an updated  english cottage  style...Yesterday at  another
 consignment shop I found this  precious hand painted   dominecker 
 chick to go with it!  Now it looks like   my english   cottagers have
 added a bit of  french flair!

Lesson learned the past few days:
I  really have been looking for   approval  or  confirmation  in  all the
 wrong places... all I need  is  that from above


On my Prayer List:
my family, our nation, the church,   the  government to govern well..  for the good 
of the  country, the world, and for peace and  righteous to prevail

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

[The Lord] gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might
he increases strength. (Isaiah 40:29 ESV

3 comments:

  1. Love your new kitchen finds! I'm definitely going to check out Set Apart for God - sounds like a great book. Have a wonderful week!

    Renee' My HHM post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your plate and your rooster! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep all our plastic bags as I'm always finding uses for them. We use them to line the trash cans as well. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~