Thursday, August 6, 2015

Longing for Happy Flowers




Return to Imparting Grace here;

My home has been in a state of flux due to our kitchen redo.. so I have nothing of my own to share here but my mind is thinking of sunflowers for autumn flower arrangements..


THis absolutely sends me..... I love the simplicity yet the glorioso-ness of the flowers..


Another sweet yet grand arrangement was found here.


I suppose I am missing the country life.... now that my parents have passed and my aunts and uncles have given up their farm living... I have no place to go in the country so I have to feed the country girl that I am..and this autumn it is with sunflowers in generous arrangements with other roadside flowers like Queen Anne's lace which I truly love!


found on pinterest, originally found here

I found this wonderful site all about sunflowers here that explains the history and meaning of sunflowers..

I take the liberty to quote the meaning of these beautiful blooms...

"Sunflowers symbolize adoration, loyalty and longevity. Much of the meaning of sunflowers stems from its namesake, the sun itself. These flowers are unique in that they have the ability to provide energy in the form of nourishment and vibrancy—attributes which mirror the sun and the energy provided by its heat and light.

Sunflowers are known for being “happy” flowers, making them the perfect gift to bring joy to someone’s (or your) day."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~