Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Change

Photobucket


I know if you visit my site often you have noticed things change regularly. I have always been one who can not stand things to become stagnant. I used to move my furniture often which was great when I had much fewer pieces and more space. Now I am pretty much limited to my current arrangement and so I am so happy to apply change to this.. my blog. I love to find exciting new backgrounds which motivate me to new themes and ideas.
I,also, love to change my music. Playlist makes it so easy to explore music, I only wish I could find more by certain composers and performers that I admire so much! But I love to just turn on my blog and listen to the playlist during the day. When I found George Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue I had to add that in. That has a very special meaning to me. About 1000 years ago when I was a senior in high school, I was preparing for my 12th and final piano recital and Mrs. Ferguson brought out this 28 page turning piece. It was a favorite, but I just didnt know if I could manage it. I persevered, however, and finally did perform it with the music one fateful evening in 1968. It was I suppose my crowning moment in the history of my life. I love to sit here and just playing it... over in my mind as I listen, but I could never really play it again! It remains a lovely memory, though!

6 comments:

  1. Carolyn,

    Your blog is so lovely! It certainly cheers up my rainy spring day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you blog in all of it's glory and changes. They say a change is as good as a holiday! I wish I could play the piano. I am stumbling along, trying to teach myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Change away, Carolyn! I always enjoy coming to your blog to see what you're up to next. Your music selections are always tops. Thanks for sharing ... your love of music, beautiful things, art, family, and Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to dress up my blog and change it often too. My furniture is also pretty static due to lack of space but the blog has lots of room.

    Have a Wonderful Wednesday
    from Roberta Anne--The Raggedy Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the music, the background and your header is gorgeous. I agree that change is a lovely thing, I often rearrange my things to inspire me to do Spring cleaning.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new music! AND COLBIE THE GOLDEN RETRIEVER!! :) :) Chomper, the bulldog, is pretty cute too. Don't you think?

    Hope you have a good evening at Church Dinner and Class tonight!

    Love you,
    amanda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~