Monday, April 20, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday

Visit the Diary of the SAHM for more HHM!

On my bedside table:
Miss Julia Paints the Town by Ann Ross
A large box of tissues due to my allergies
3 cough drops also because of ~you guessed it!

On my TV:
I am looking forward to tonight's Daniel's Daughter on Hallmark
Tonight we are taping "24"

On the menu for tonight:
Tyson's frozen barbecued chicken strips (love those) cut up on a large chef salad

On my To Do List:
Laundry and packing for the Emmaus Walk this weekend

New Recipe I tried last week:


NEW ENGLAND CHICKEN & CORN QUICHE

Preparation time: 20 min Baking time: 40 min Standing time: 10 min
Yield: 8 servings

1 (9-inch) unbaked pie crust


Filling Ingredients:

4 Eggs
1 1/2 cups Half & Half
3/4 cup cubed cooked chicken
1/2 cup whole kernel corn
1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers
4 ounces (1 cup) Cheddar Cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons sliced green onions
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper


Heat oven to 400°F. Line 9-inch pie pan with crust.

Beat eggs slightly in large bowl; stir in half & half. Stir in all remaining filling ingredients; mix well.

Pour egg mixture into crust. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes.

To serve, cut into wedges.

In the craft basket:
I am sill working on a peach colored knit scarf and a felted wool knit blue and grey striped tote bag. No one ever said I worked too fast on my knitting!


Looking forward to:
getting away this week on the Emmaus Walk!

Homemaking Tip for this week:
When I accidently washed a tube of lipstick in a pocket of my best slacks and got lipstick stins on all my best clothes last week, I found to rub some Dawn liquid detergent on every stain took them right out! Hallelujah!!

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):

I love Marie's blog! A year From Oak Cottage
Her prose, poetry, art, and especially her recipes just bless my heart!!!

My View from my Window....
Photobucket
I just took this shot right out of my studio window. A nasty storm is brewing just south of us as you can see!

Favorite photo from last week:
Photobucket
I love this photo taken on the ferry from Lewes, Delaware across the bay to Cape May, NJ. Amanda was 6 and she, with her dad and Pop Pop, look very expectant as we were beginning our vacation introducing our sweetie to the fair city of Philadelphia.

On my Prayer List:
My parents
My husband,Lynn, and Amanda and Josh
My church family

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
http://www.ourprayer.org/DailyGuideposts/?p_storyid=2295785

4 comments:

  1. I love that view from your window, very nice.

    Roberta Anne = The Raggedy Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your post.

    Beautiful picture too, that storm looks menacing but stunning.

    Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Carolyn! You're going on an Emmaus Walk weekend! I'm so excited for you. I wish I were going. I have always wanted to do an Emmaus Walk weekend, and now that I'm over here, no chance. They have NOTHING along those lines anywhere here. It is a sad, sad thing. I am seeing first hand what happens to a country when it forsakes God. It's not good. Enjoy your wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scene from your window is awesome, as is the beautiful music playing. So, so beautiful. Love this site.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~