Thursday, April 16, 2009

Day of Remembrance

Photobucket

Two years ago today tragic shook our community. Amanda was a research assistant working on her master's on that fateful day. She was working alone in her lab across campus when she got the word of the shooter. I was watching the developments on tv 30 miles away, actually transfixed, watching the horror unfold. Thankfully, I was able to reach Amanda by cell phone during her lock down experience. She had just been dropped off by Joshua who had driven on to his office just a couple of buildings away from the melee!
How could something like this happen here. Isnt that what everyone asks? I mean Virginia Tech! Home of great football and such a beautiful campus, tucked away in the sleepy town of Blacksburg.
Unfortunately, no one is immune from the attack of the enemy! 9-11, Columbine, and Norris Hall serve as grim reminders that until Jesus returns satan is doing all he can to rob, kill, and destroy! We remember and we resolve to stay on our knees doing spiritual warfare to keep the enemy at bay! Today I commit to begin a regimen of Biblical decree- praying the Word of God over my life, family, home, church, community. I challenge us all to get much more serious in our endeavors to hold back the gates of hell and to plead the blood of Christ over our lives!!!
(Just 2 years prior to this Amanda and Joshua were married at the chapel you see in the background of the photo!)

4 comments:

  1. Praising God for the safety of your Amanda and yes God's people should be spending a lot of time in prayer.

    From Roberta Anne- The Raggedy Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading of your pesonal relation to that horrific drives it home even more. Thank God that your loved ones were kept safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your right, no one is immune. My neice was in the building next door to the hostage massacre which happened just a few days ago in Binghamton, NY.

    She personally was in no danger, but the whole block was in lockdown for hours. She has a little baby, and we didn't know how long she would be kept there.

    The gunman took 12 other lives and then his own. These people did nothing personally to the gunman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    I happened upon your post from a Google Alert I set on the phrase, "Plead the blood". Many of the readers of my blog come there from searches on that topic. I thought you might be interested in what God showed me about pleading the blood. I wrote about it in January 2006 and you can find it at: http://roadrevelations.org/?m=200601, scroll down near the bottom. I live in Wise, VA.
    Be blessed!

    Bill

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~