Monday, April 13, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Photobucket
Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman for more daybooks!
For Today...April 13, 2009

Outside my window... it is just barely a shade above night at 6:21am. There is the threat of rain today.Very few cars have driven by. It appears to be a lazy Monday morning!
I am thinking...
today is my mother's 86th birthday and I am thankful not only to have both my parents, but that they are able to get out and go. I am taking them to lunch today at Annie Moore's Pub.
I am thankful for...
so many blessings this morning. God is so faithful and just. His mercy abounds to me. They're new every morning. Right at this moment as I sip my morning coffee my heart is so full. God has blessed me with a wonderful life, family, job, retirement, a lovely comfortable home, a wonderful church and church family!
From the kitchen... I need to prepare another batch of hamantashen for the Bible study refreshments for Wednesday. The recipe is further down the page.
I am wearing... khaki slacks, and my green sweater set.

I am reading... Angels on Assignment! Amazing book!
I am hoping... I can make it until the end of the month when I return to the allergist to be set up for the new batch of allergy shots. I as found to be allergic to 9/28 allergens last week. I am anxious to get back on the regimen.
I am creating... I am rather sad that the very first card that I made for Amanda apparently has been lost in the mail as she never received it, so I am going to make her a new crd today! I hope to become a little more proficient in cardmaking.
I am hearing... Chris Botti and sting, from my blog!
Around the house...
I am rather in the mood to take a box and go from room to room filling it up with 'stuff" for the good will. Too much stuff! Amanda is always pishing me to do this and she is right! Especially in the closets!!
One of my favorite things...
Bible Study. My personal study these days continues to be regarding the Hebraic calendar and my topic for the day is First Fruits, which was yesterday! Isnt it fascinating to see the correlation to the Resurrection.
A few plans for the rest of the week...
celebrating Mom's birthday today, Tuesday I have aerobics class and then I am lunching with friends which I always enjoy! Wednesday is the Ageless group, fellowship dinner at church and the Christian World view class, Thursday aerobics, senior choir, weight watchers class and Bible study. Friday, TBD.
Here is a picture I thought I'd share with you...
Photobucket
This was taken a year ago today when Amanda and I took mom to lunch at Red Robin. Amanda, we'll miss you today! I'm sure you'll be with us in spirit!!

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Amanda with your mom!! They both look so happy! Great day book entry as always! XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, happy birthday to your mom! She is BEAUTIFUL! What a blessing she must be to you!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~