Friday, April 10, 2009

Passover Seder

Because it was such a special celebration enjoyed by Lynn and myself along with my parents, and because our dear Amanda and Joshua were not able to be with us, I did take some photos to commemorate this wonderful experience. This afternoon I cut some beautiful redbud to accent the tulips I purchased at Fresh Market for our table.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I am always excited to use Lynn's mother's china which I love so much!
Photobucket
Lynn's placesetting included the 4 cups for the fruit of the vine.
Photobucket
The seder plate included the parsley for dipping into the salt water representing new life mixed with tears and sorrow.
Also the bitter herbs, Maror, (horseradish) along with the sweet, fruity charoset ( a mortar-like paste made of ground apples, nuts, honey, dates, dried cherries, and wine. Again, the dipping of the bitter and sweet, which comprises the Christian experience. A roasted egg represented new life.
Photobucket
At the far end of the table are the basin water and towel for the ceremonial hand washing.
Photobucket
I was so priveleged to be able to celebrate this memorable occasion with my parents!
Photobucket
Lynn explained the importance of the matza.
Photobucket
The first cup celebrated our deliverance from bondage!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Later we enjoyed the actual meal.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
We enjoyed a mediteranean roast chicken, curried fruited wild rice, deviled eggs, roasted asparagus, and the remaining charoset.
Photobucket
Mom and dad really enjoyed the whole affair!
Photobucket
Photobucket
In celebration of the sabbath we enjoyed lighting the menorah and just resting in its festive light!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. The table looked gorgeous! I'm glad you enjoyed the day.

    Jamie
    (Mitford BB)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The table setting is exquisite. I have never attended a passover seder. How nice that you celebrated it with family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW MOM--Looks like a wonderful celebration. Thanks so much for taking so many pictures! Looking at your post really made me feel like we were there. The wild rice looks delicious-I hope you have the recipe (at least in your head). I know that you all were surely blessed after celebrating and remembering what our Lord and Savior has done for us! What special memories- thank you for letting me be in on your planning, and I hope to hear more details over the phone!

    Love you!
    amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I accidentally stumbled into your beautiful blog. When I saw the Sedar supper, tears welled up in my eyes. This is the first year my daughter and grandchildren weren't here to celebrate Passover with me. They have moved to Oklahoma.... such a long way from Florida.
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures of such a Holy occassion.
    Blessings in the name of Jesus

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~