Monday, April 27, 2009

The Simple Woman Daybook

Photobucket
Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman for more daybooks!
For Today...April 27, 2009
Outside my window...
there is the promise of a hot and humid day. The temps are supposed to rise into the high 80's. A little more that I like I am afraid for this time of year. It is also a bad tie for pollen! Yikes! Here go my allergies!!!
I am thinking...
oh, my goodness, and I mean this from the bottom of my heart! If you have never done a Walk to Emmaus you should! It transformed my life! There are sacred moments which I experienced that I will remember forever!
I am thankful for...
Christian friends like Nancy and Paul who invested in my spiritual journey and sponsored me to go to Emmaus!
From the kitchen....
I have no idea. After being gone for the last 4 days I have no clue!
I am wearing...
since it is 5:30 am, I am still in my pj's!
I am reading...
I hope to finish Miss Julia Paints the Town this week and start in on Wives and Daughters again with my blog reading group.
The group as a whole got off to a shaky start on this one and so we are giving it a new try. I am glad of it, for I do wish to read the book!
I am hoping... to really commit to be much more convicted to demonstrate daily Bible study, and spiritual practices of sharing love as one outcome of my Emmaus journey!
I am creating...
nothing much at this time.
I am hearing...
birds chirping over the whirring of the ceiling fan.
Around the house...
Well, I have a ton of laundry from my trip. And some general pick up around the house. I do want to stop in the VA hospital greenhouse this week and purchase some bedding plants.
One of my favorite things...
Lynn coming up the stairs each morning with my morning coffee.
A few plans for the rest of the week...
Hoping to meet Dottie for coffee or breakfast this morning!! Then I'm off to visit my mom and share about my time on the EW! Then I plan to attend a
funeral this afternoon. This season's last symphony concert is tonight.
We will hear the Brahms, Voices of Hope, a German Requiem, Op. 45. followed by Villa Lobos - Bachianas Brasileiras. On Tuesday and Thursday it will exercise class and taking my mom to the doctor tomorrow and myself to the allergy doctor on Th! Finally!!! YIPPEE!! Bible study and church fellowship dinner on Wednesday, and Thursday senior choir practice and fellowship luncheon followed by a ladies Bible study that night! Looks like another full week!!!
Here is a picture I thought I'd share with you...
Photobucket
It was so great pulling into the driveway last night and seeing my dear sweetie sitting out by the back door waiting on me. He had been told I'd arrive sometime between 7-8 and I did get there at 7 and there he was anxiously awaiting my arrival. I wish I coud have captured every moment of my experience on film, but that would not be right, for each person must experience the wonders of it all on their own! I am dying to share about it, but again I wouldnt dare let any of the surprises be known! You'll just have to experience it for yourself. I am so hoping Lynn will go to the one next month!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have had a wonderful experience Schotzy. I am curious now! I am very lucky in that pollen and the like don't really bother me for the most part. (at least not thus far in my life!) How wonderful that Lynn was waiting for you! I'll be praying that he wants to go on the next one with you. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful list. I so love to read these simple glimpses into other woman's lives.

    Have An Amazing Monday
    from The Raggedy Girl-Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't guess I'm familiar with Walk to Emmaus.

    My allergies are horrid this time of year, the worst they've ever been...though odds are, I say that every year. ;-Þ

    That must have been a sweet and welcoming sight indeed, to see your dear hubby eagerly awaiting your arrival. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~