Monday, April 20, 2009

The Simple Woman Daybook

Photobucket
Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman for more daybooks!
For Today...April 20, 2009

Outside my window...
it is 55 degrees and it is raining cats and dogs!
Photobucket
(So Amanda if something wonderful peppers down upon us I'll claim it for you.)
I am thinking...
about what I have planned for the rest of the week. I have to pack for something wonderful coming up!
I am thankful for...
this rainy weather. We have had such dry seasons for so long, the rainy past few weeks has been a real blessing.
From the kitchen....
I am making a huge batch of chicken salad for us to munch on this week. we have a lot of Sam's canned chicken and Lynn loves it for his sandwiches and it is so good! I am also resurrecting the blender and I want to start making smoothies for us! YUM!!
I am wearing... white slacks and turquoise and white striped top.

I am reading... Miss Julia Paints the Town by Ann Ross. I just love the Miss Julia books! So realistic! Dont we all have a Miss Julia in our lives? Why sometimes, it's me!
I am hoping...
to get most of the laundry done today. I just dont have time to get it done any other day this week. Big week ahead!!!
I am creating... a mood for spending some quality time before the Lord. I need to discipline myself to meet more regularly with God. I mean a real dedicated effort and a quantity of time. Lately, it has been hit or miss. This is definitely the time to renew this effort.
I am hearing...
Lynn rummaging around in the kitchen as he is fixing his lunch. I will be so glad when he finally retires. He keeps saying 3 more years. It seems he's been saying that for about 3 years now. I really think I'll enjoy having him home and hopefully we can get caught up on some household projects we've been putting off.
Around the house...
If I can get the laundry done today that is about all I will accomplish.
One of my favorite things...
Spiritual retreat. I find that is one form of worship that really really appeals to me. Just to get away from every distraction away to some very natural quiet spot and spend time reflecting, in prayer, worship, etc. Lynn and I try to do this yearly and it blesses us so!
More on this below!
A few plans for the rest of the week...
today, laundry, quiet time before the Lord, Tuesday I take the car in to the dealership to have the oil changed. Then hopefully I will make it to aerobics class, and perhaps time with Dottie afterward. That is always so much fun! Tuesday night Lynn and I will watch our weekly taping of "24". We always tape it and watch it later so we miss all the commercials. It is practically the only thing we watch on tv together. Wednesday Ageless Bible study, and pack, then fellowship dinner, CLU class and Thursday, spend some time with my parents. Thursday afternoon I will be picked up by my dear friends Nancy and Paul, and taken to dinner then on to begin my Emmaus Walk which will continue on until Sunday night! I am so very excited about this spiritual retreat!!! I have heard of these all my life and have always wanted to do one, and God has given me the desire of my heart.
Here is a picture I thought I'd share with you...
Photobucket
I didnt take this photo but it represents the precious couple who now live in our bluebird house. The female is sitting on 4 eggs. I did my rounds checking yesterday and the eggs were unattended so I was deeply concerned and just as I returned to the house Lynn said, "Look!" and there they were sitting atop the house probably wondering what I had been doing there. They say that they dont get too upset checking in on them weekly. I pray they don't. I need to make my weekly report to the Falcon Ridge Bluebird Trail.

4 comments:

  1. May you feel the Lord's blessing upon your week. I've enjoyed reading your daybook this morning. Chicken salad sounds yummy!

    Happy Monday!
    ~Mrs.Cuddles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your daybook. I hope you have a wonderful time on your retreat.

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed our Day Book, I am also going on a retreat this weekend with the Seniors in my Church, we are going to Branson. Look forward to it.
    LOL...I said the same thing about finally getting some home projects when my DH retired, that was 7 yrs ago and still no projects done....Always something else comes up.
    Have a Blessed retreat.
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of these birds- I wonder what they're saying to each other! Birds always seem so chatty and excited. Hope your mother bird & eggs are doing well :)

    Love,
    amanda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~