Sunday, February 7, 2010

Daily Pearls

Photobucket

Through my window: Praise the Lord the sun is shining brightly, the radiant light glistening off the several inches of snow that threatens to blind me when behold it..

Through my door: It would be really nice to go somewhere this afternoon.... after being cooped up in the house for days a little jaunt across town would be just what the doctor ordered.

Hearing: I am enjoying listening to my blog music... I love Chris Botti!! So soulful!!!

What's Cooking: Well, nothing if I can help it.. Lynn made delicious french toast and fruit cup for breakfast. I made a wonderful cranberry chicken salad for lunch, and Ive got my finger crossed for supper out tonight!


Hearth and Home: The house is mopped and vacuumed, dusted, and straightened. The laundry is finished and all is well with the world! Just relax!!YAYA!!

Healthy Living: Still working on portion control and looking forward to getting out for more walks as the weather improves!

Creative Corner: I am looking forward to getting into some oil painting... I have some great ideas about some bird paintings. I can hardly wait to be starting up my bird journals again this spring!

Reading:
James Herriot's~ All Creatures Great and Small
Susan Allen Toth~ England As You Like It
Rebecca Shaw~ A Country Affair.... countrylife in Yorkshire
Begin With Christ, Bible study



On My Mind:God is so amazingly good... always working out the most minute details of our lives for our good... gifting us with exactly what we need but in ways that are even better than we could had ever thought to ask.... to really know that he is concerned about what I want... am interested in... and then sets into motion events to bring about blessings if only we are alert to the possibilities.
My prayer life: I am praying to see God at work around me so I might join Him in His work to bring about his kingdom work. I am praying against the enemy's attack on our institutions and our way of life. I am being still and listening for God's small voice. My deep desire is to know His will and live in it! I wrote this last week but it is my on-going initiative!!!!!

Gratefulness: Again for opportunities... even in the most amazing avenues... to share about who he is... Lord give me the words the opening, the initiative and the courage to speak what you would have me to say!

Praying:Our prayer group and Bible study groups will be able to meet this week... thanksgiving for my parents continuing good health . I pray for continuing strength, mobility and freedom from pain. That Amanda and Joshua will be having a great week this week at work and in all their endeavors.
Planning: Looking online for bed ad breakfast to register for our anniversary coming up in a month... Now that is a great pastime.. Love it!!

Simple Pleasures: Meeting new friends and learning of far away places... places to dream about!

Thanks to Thia. Her original is found on her site, Harvest of Pearls.

1 comment:

  1. I see that you have Scotland listed as one of your interests! Perhaps you would enjoy my blog:

    http://picturesofgreatbritain.blogspot.com/

    As often as possible I will post photographs of glorious vistas, charming close-ups, and interesting tidbits of life in Great Britain for the pleasure of Scotophiles everywhere!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~