Monday, February 22, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY... from Carolyn's Daybook

Outside my window... the sun is slow to rise this morning, or perhaps it will refuse to show its face... freezing rain is forecast for this morning.... eh! I don't think I am going out....


I am thinking...well, spring is no where in sight.. in fact this week the temps are falling and there is precipitation forecast every day.......Please, Lord, dont let it affect Amanda's visit.

I am thankful for... a nice, warm, comfortable home! I stated this last week,, and saw no reason to change what is in my heart.... although, I would add I am so thankful for this time of life. I am thankful to be retired, to have the time to explore the many avenues available to me... I am thankful for time to pursue opportunities and enjoy the benefits.


I am wearing...my favorite turquoise pullover, and navy slacks.

I am remembering...Amanda will fly into Dulles on Thursday and be with us Friday - Sunday... I cannot wait to have her here at home!!!

I am going... to be going to the Amish Cheese Shop on Thursday with Dottie... we'll be stopping in at Miller's Bakery.... yum! and the Country Gift Shoppe! I love this excursion... Praying for a nice weather day!!!There is a 30% chance of something that day,, but there is a 70% chance of clear!!!


I am currently reading...
Starting Wuthering Heights,by Emily Bronte, today
Begin With Christ, Bible Study
A Country Affair, by Rebecca Shaw (Life in North Yorkshire)
Destroying Spiritual Strongholds, by our Bible Study teacher, Jim Tarter

I'd say my reading list is quite full, but exciting!!!



I am hoping...to see more positive results from my new eating initiatives....strategies whereby I put more emphasis on filling up on the word (munching on the Word) when I have the munchies and eating twice as long on half as much when I am truly hungry!!!



On my mind...I do have several jobs around the house Id like to accomplish before Amanda gets here.

Noticing that...living and loving gets sweeter with each passing day..

Pondering these words...

"If you abide in Me and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish and it will be done for you." John 15:7

Now to really learn what this abiding really entails.. because this promise of the Lord is too wonderful to miss! That is what we are studying in our Wednesday morning Bible study..


From the kitchen..Dottie sent me the most delicious looking Sweet and Sour Pork recipe... I just have to try that one out before Amanda comes.... I think she'd really like that one!!!!

Around the house...yes, laundry, and time to change the linens... vacuum and spruce up the guest room!

One of my favorite things... well, I love the music on my blog, but I dont think some folks like it as well, so I plan to change it up some today. I love music... I must have it playing all the time... give me the classics, celtic, artists like Dougie MacLean, Yo Yo Ma, Joshua Bell, Chris Botti, Sting... I love soulful jazz, and many new age instrumentals.



From my picture journal...
Photobucket


LOL! Speaking of music, last week at our valentine's luncheon a very endearing clown ministry of a local church provided the entertainment and as part of the festivities, children's handbells were passed out among us to try our hand at making some lovely music... it really did sound quite engaging! Of course I couldnt help but remember when at my last church I used these handbells with my four year olds!
!Starting this week you can visit Peggy for more SWD on Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are enjoying your retirement. I know so many people who just sit at home and are bored! I hope you have a wonderful week - and I like the music currently on your playlist even if others don't. My daughter plays a piece on her cello called Vocalise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you will have lots of fun on Thursday. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~