Friday, February 5, 2010

The Merits of Afternoon Tea

Photobucket

What a lovely book... and just in time for Valentine's Day! As I peruse such delectable publications I am ever reminded of just how wonderful tea is for us...
  • Fight Cancer & Heart Disease
Tea contains antioxidant compounds of polyphenols that help the body fight harmful free radicals
  • Protects Teeth & Strengthens Bones
Polyphenols found in tea may reduce plaque, which lowers your chance of cavity and gum disease
  • Prevent Food Poisoning
The catechins in tea are a powerful sterilizing agent, which kills germs and bacteria

  • Look and Feel Younger
Studies suggested that the high concentration of antioxidants in tea have an anti-aging effects
  • Strengthen the Immune System
Vitamin C in green tea helps to treat the flu and the common cold.

  • Prevent Dehydration
Tea is a good source of fluid intake that replenishes lost body liquid

So what ever am I waiting for.... its time for me to start planning my annual spring tea... or perhaps, why wait until spring?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Or how about a cup of rooibos right this minute!!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Right now I'm doing a pomegranate and green tea mixture. I should prepare a little something to nibble on as well decided on a specific time of day. The next time I'm in Austin, I plan to pick up roobois, oolong and more pomegranate. :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~