Monday, February 15, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY... from Carolyn's Daybook

Outside my window... we have about 6 inches left from last weekend's snow. snow showers are forecast, and the sky is mostly cloudy and drear.

I am thinking...after a certain time of cancelled events and just staying at home, I fall into a funk and just don't want to go anywhere ever again. Spring, where are you???

I am thankful for... a nice, warm, comfortable home!


I am wearing...my jammies and long, white, terry robe. No reason to think of getting dressed, yet!

I am remembering...the wonderful news that Amanda will be with us in for a nice weekend visit in 12 days!! YAYAY!!!

I am going... to the Symphony tonight at the beautiful Jefferson Center.
Photobucket
The programme:


Beethoven - Symphony No. 6 , F Major "Pastorale"
Rachmaninoff - Piano Concerto No. 3 in D minor
The Rachmaninoff piece is the first piece playing on my blog this morning!
Glorious!


I am currently reading...
All Creatures Great and Small, by
James Herriot ( Highly recommended)
Begin With Christ, Bible Study
A Country Affair, by Rebecca Shaw (Life in North Yorkshire)

If you havent guessed it yet, I am completely mesmerized by Yorkshire right now!

I am hoping...to get to go in March to a Women's Conference featuring the great Christian author, Liz Curtis Higgs! Her latest book is shown in the previous post.Looking for someone to go with me... Jan, would you be interested?

On my mind...well, I did drag out the oil painting paraphernalia and have almost finished a piece. It is so therapeutic... I really enjoy getting back into it!

Noticing that... the days really do seem to be flying by.... what can I do to stop the clock when Amanda gets here!!!

Pondering these words...

One day two caterpillars were plodding up a hill when they noticed a butterfly dipping and weaving overhead. Turning to his buddy, one said, 'You'd never get me up in one of those things!' Raise your sights, take a leap of faith! '...faith is...the conviction of things not seen'(Hebrews 11:1 NAS).
This is taken from a blog which I like to visit.... a pastor in England, who always delivers the most thoughtful and inspiring offerings.


From the kitchen...no plans at this time.... I need to go to the grocer!!

Around the house...what else...laundry!

One of my favorite things...reading, and my to read list is growing by leaps and bounds.



From my picture journal...

Photobucket
Our Monday morning Bible study has grown from the 3 of us to 8 ladies.... since the snow hasnt started yet... perhaps I do need to think about getting a move on and that we will be having group! I love these ladies....dear, dear friends!!!!
Starting this week you can visit Peggy for more SWD on Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful time at the concert! Be sure to blog about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Liz Curtis Higgs, her books are amazing! We've studied Bad Girls of the Bible and Really Bad Girls of the Bible in our small group studies, and both have been excellent books. I highly recommend them.

    Have a blessed week, enjoy your concert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful blog. I enjoyed everything but the music coming on automatically.The pictures are great. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your blessing. I forgot to say you have great Meme's on your page. I will be joining them. Doylene

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~