Monday, February 1, 2010

The Simple Woman Daybook



FOR TODAY... from Carolyn's Daybook

Outside my window... a bright and glorious sun is rising above a frozen and snow-covered landscape~glory to God!!

I am thinking... life offers myraids of golden opportunities if we are open to and willing to accept the challenges!!!

I am thankful for... every precious blessing of our Lord and Father..... with Him we have all things and without Him we are nothing!!! He is our all in all!


I am wearing...my warm and cozy sweats.... nowhere to go on this cold and winter's day!!

I am remembering...that one of my resolutions for the year is to write hand written notes weekly so I have valentines to write and address to send today!

I am going... to be starting on this week's Bible study directly and then begin work on the laundry... yikes...does it ever get caught up!!! I also want to do some travel research today on
the Yorkshire Dales... a friend suggested to me that this of the UK is even more beautiful than the Lake District which I love. Im always seeking to learn more and more about my beloved ancestral homeland... the United kingdom!


I am currently reading... The Cranford Chronicles by Elizabeth Gaskell.

I am hoping...to lose a few more pounds this week. Being on prednisone for this ridiculous sinus infection is wreaking havoc on my dieting... but I am on the downhill side again!!!! Praise the Lord!!!!

On my mind... I have so many projects that I wish to begin I dont really know where to start..... Thankfully the studio is just about ready to allow me to take on whatever I like! That is great news... so what will it be... oil painting??? card making?? knitting????

Noticing that... the days are getting longer and the sun is marching triumphantly up the horizon.... the snow doesnt belie the fact that spring is a comin'!!

Pondering these words...
He brought me forth also into a large place; he delivered me; he delighted in me.
Psalm 18:19

From the kitchen... we thankfully will enjoy leftovers,.... savory bowls of piping hot chili! Yummy!!

Around the house...the kitchen could do with a swiffer mopping! a light dusting about the parlor... and perhaps I could wash the glass in the back screen door... or perhaps not... we'll just have to see... I'd rather do anything else! HEEHEEHEE!

One of my favorite things~ going to the Tearoom with the girls.... something I really hope and pray we will still get to do tomorrow... snow, snow go away!!!!

From my picture journal...

Photobucket
Yesterday I got out some of my gardening magazines and started thinking about what to do for spring.... wouldnt it fun to be more like grandma and start my own tomato plants this year...um!! That's an idea!!
Visit Peggy for more SWD!

4 comments:

  1. I loved reading about your day. I think a lot of us are making chili today :-)

    Jocelyn
    http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is just beautiful, we something in common I too love tearooms, even though they seem to be getting harder and harder to find.
    Your music on your blog is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful blog! I LOVE the Yorkshire Dales! I have always been a huge James Herriot fan and we had the opportunity to stay there at a bed and breakfast for a few days--Oxnop Farms. Wonderful area and people. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your daybook and your mosaic is lovely. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~