Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY January 15, 2012

Outside my window...very seasonable weather....  cold and breezy

I am thinking...how thankful I am that  I am over my autumn surgery and  am doing  so well

I am thankful...for my dear husband who support me every step of the way... he took great care of me!

In the kitchen...savory homemade chili

I am wearing...black slacks and white turtle neck sweater

I am creating...I wish I could say something here but Im just not into the creative mode these days

I am going...to be partaking of week 4 with the "Cracked Pots' in the morning....  that  is such a wonderful group of ladies with whom    we all share  Bible truths and encourage one another to good life choices and habits

I am wondering...how to stay on task in all the many areas of my life  keeping  our home going, getting mom's house ready to sell, and keeping  my parents going in Assisted living....   it  can get overwhelming
I am reading...

Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts

Book of James


A study of Proverbs on Wisdom

I am hoping...to do a bit of rearranging around the house this week....  thinking  a bit of blue  might be in the offing!

I am looking forward to..our weekly  phone call from  our daughter, Amanda...   it could be coming  any minute now!

I am learning...ti differentiate the voices in my head....   we all have....  our  own flesh.  the Holy Spirit's   small still voice, and that of the enemy who  so often disguises his voice to sound just like our own....  it is that voice that gets me into trouble with myself and that usually leads to some inner conflict  between myself and the Lord....  I must lead to either ignore or  disagree with that guileful voice and keep my thoughts at bay...  that  will  lead to  happiness and  quiet spirit within  me..

Around the house...I am incorporating some treasures  from mom's  home  that I have always  cherished... many of which are blue!!!( Not  the more  common color in my home, but definitely an accent color.... and one I look forward to using!)

I am pondering... my calendar and how quickly it is filling up.....  as usual... so glad   Lynn is retired and share in  these tasks and endeavors with me

A favorite quote for today...

We should not ask, "What is wrong with the world?" for that diagnosis has already been given. Rather, we should ask, "What has happened to the salt and light?" John Stott


One of my favorite things...
Doing things together with my  sweet husband....
Photobucket
even  sitting at the  car dealership together   waiting  on our  car servicing.....this always leads to  breakfast out  which is a lovely  thing!!!!!

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Monday:  Meet with the "Cracked Pots"  and  discuss lesson 4 in our  Study on  Finding  Joy in God
Tuesday- hat  mom and dad to the doctor, important  teleconference
Wednesday-  work around the house,    dinner at church, Adult Bible Study
Thursday-submit final  application yayayayayayay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,    Choir and luncheon  at church,  laundry,
Birthday dinner  with  good friends
Friday- visit mom and dad,  allergy shot, loose ends day!
Saturday- Prayer chapel at church
A peek into my day...

Photobucket
Ive mentioned them several times... these are my 'Cracked Pot'  gal pals....  and  the sweetest group of ladies you could ever hope to  know!We do know how to have a grand time!
Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook here for more offerings...




1 comment:

  1. I love the name of your ladies group, the Cracked Pot gals! I think I'd fit right in, LOL.

    I'm sure that getting your folks into assisted living is quite a chore. May this week go well for you in all your endeavors.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~