Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tablescape Thursday...a Bit of Romance

Photobucket
My  sunroom  has been so  cold  during  this whole month  because of the dark dreary days... we just  never ventured in there..thus never  had the heat turned on....   then yesterday  dawned cheerful and bright, and thoughts of  emerging days of  new life and    renewed  love  burst around me and I    was flooded with  the thoughts of romance and springtime....
Photobucket
and I naturally think roses and candlelight!


Photobucket
I love the shabby  antique roses  of the linen  cloth daintily trimmed with antique laces  as  the foundation of  the scene.. 
Photobucket
The  centerpiece  was inspired   to reflect the  cabbage roses of the cloth in more diminutive roses in the vase!  The vase I absolutely love...  an antique  vase  found in a consignment shop,   made in an English pottery of  exquisite detail and  fine quality...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Speaking of   English pottery  this china  I picked up  at Marshall's for a song....
 Royal Stafford  at   the potteries of Burslem...try as I might  the  manufacturer is listed on each piece  but not the pattern  name....I bought 6 plates and 6 bowls....   alas, that was all they had!
Photobucket
The flatwear is International silver, Joan of Arc, and the napkin, pure Irish linen!
  Everything is sensually sumptuous!  And  as the evening   grew, the  candlelight performed it's magic!
Photobucket


Photobucket
For more TT be sure to stop in at Between Naps on the Porch! You'll be glad you did!!!

7 comments:

  1. What pretty plates! They do spell romance! I love the candlelight shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely post. I just emailed you regarding something I learned on your blog, so please check your email so it doesn't end up with spam. I used the email in your profile. i enjoyed visiting your blog today and will return. I now follow on GFC. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful table. Love the lace table topper. The dishes are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roses and candlelight....seriously, there is nothing more romantic! With this romantic setting, who cares if it's a bit chilly out there? You can just snuggle! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The plates are just beautiful! I'm going to go check out our Marshall's. Would you want more if I find them? You've created a lovely tablescape. Thank you for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. The weather is warmer and the lovely view in your room is beautiful. The tablecloth is perfect for the flowered china! I love English china also and the roses are gorgeous in the vase. Warm thoughts and Happy Tablescaping! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. schatzi.... very cute

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~