Wednesday, January 18, 2012

January's Sunshine Table

Photobucket

This January is  quite  a change from the last couple of years....  only  a very light dusting of  snow  a couple of mornings last week, but mainly the sun shines bright and wispy clouds trail across an ice blue sky....  this  was the inspiration for my tablescape this week...
Photobucket
As I enter from the kitchen the cheerful yellows and blues  greet me  with a warm hello!


Photobucket
The paperwhites in the centerpiece stand sentinel over the table welcoming  with a promise of good things to come!
Photobucket
I love  my mother's   pewter coffee service  she  passed on to me.....  her sister's  gave it to her on the  happy day of her 25th wedding anniversary...   My tea angel guards over the service promising to keep the coffee and tea warm and tasty!  The pewter makes me think of  the cold, icy air of January, even when the  sun shines brightly through the pane.
Photobucket
Flanking the  centerpiece the angel of winter   reminds us to  ne'er forget the    beautiful birds  in their plight for winter's  fare


Photobucket
It was quite fun bringing out a bit of sunshine  into the dining room this morning!


Photobucket
China- Mikasa- South Hampton
flatwear- Zwilling J.A. Henckels Vintage 1876
napkins- Pomegranate  from Provisions
 tablecloth and placemats-  markdowns from Kohl's last week
goblets-   goodness,  Ive had them for  a very long time

For more TT be sure to stop in at Between Naps on the Porch.
You'll be glad you did!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Schotzy,
    Nice to meet you hear in blogland, this is my first visit, you have created a very cheery and colorful table.
    I love paperwhites, they are so fresh looking.
    Bet your family enjoyed it too.
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love blue and yellow together -- such a cheerful combination! Along with the paperwhites, this table is perfect to brighten a winter's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the yellow & blue and pewter is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~