Monday, January 9, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY January 9, 2012

Outside my window...a bitter cold drizzly day... makes my bones creak...at least I can blame the weather on that

I am thinking...how lovely it was to meet again with my Monday morning "Cracked Pots" group again....we had taken a hiatus for a few months and we really needed to just get back together today and share!

I am thankful...for good friends with whom we can share life's struggles and joys

In the kitchen...aromas of homemade soup are wafted up the stairs into my studio here!

I am wearing...black slacks and black shell with claret red sweater

I am creating...I wish I could say something here but Im just not into the creative mode these days

I am going...to be very good with my resolution this week to keep my Gratitude journal up to date

I am wondering...how to manage my time better and get the things done this year that really must be done like work at my mom's home to sell or give away items, get the house ready to sell, and get it sold in this economy! Plus everything else I have to do as an only child! I can only cry out to God as a "Cast" sheep who knows I can do nothing without God's help! "Cast"  my cares on Him!

I am reading...
Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts

Joseph Prince's Destined to Reign

Book of James

I am hoping...to get back on track to lose at least 5 pounds by the end of the month... that seems doable if I can stay focused

I am looking forward to...seeing my parents fully acclimated to their new home in Assisted Living... I see glimmers of hope like yesterday when they both got dressed up to go to dinner and were very talkative with the other residents....

I am learning...to trust God more when I am feeling undone about life's situations and problems..... I confess that I sometimes act out a bit before I fully yield to God... anger comes easily to me at times of high stress, but I am learning to rest in His promises and I fully believe that will have far reaching benefits to my general life and well being...

Around the house...gradually all semblances of Christmas past are disappearing and giving way to a simplified arrangement or decor that actually is making me feel uncluttered in my own thinking processes as well....

I am pondering... life's problems that we can have due to nothing we have ever done or can imagine to do

A favorite quote for today...

“God created us for this: to live our lives in a way that makes him look more like the greatness and the beauty and the infinite worth that he really is. This is what it means to be created in the image of God.” John Piper


One of my favorite things...




I hate to admit it, but enjoying my solitude at the computer.... blogging is very therapeutic to me!

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Tuesday-  allergy shot,  a very  important teleconference,  laundry...laundry.....laundry
Wednesday- mom to doctor for surgical followup,    dinner at church, Adult Bible Study
Thursday-finalize some  very important  paper work and get it faxed off
errands around town and   tour the library
Friday- visit mom and dad
Saturday- Prayer group at Lynne's   and something fun  with  my husband
A peek into my day...



Spending my morning with the Lord and with my wonderful study group is a marvelous way to begin each new week , especially for this new year!

Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook here for more offerings...




1 comment:

  1. Hoping everything goes smoothly with your parents and their home. That's quite a task to get it all ready to sell.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~