Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday

Photobucket
For more   Happy Homemaker  posts  visit here!

The weather:::

The weather here today has really become much colder... very hard to get used to after our mild weather of late


On my reading pile::: 

I am reading 
 Amy Voskamp's, A Thousand Gifts


Joseph Prince's, Destined to Reign


Bill Johnson's The Supernatural Ways of Royalty


On my TV:::

Anything on HDTV

Food Network

A Person of Interest

Once Upon a Time


On the menu for this week:::

Monday - Mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli 

Tuesday - Lentil soup with ham

Wednesday - dinner at church

Thursday - spaghetti, salad,

Friday - homemade beef vegetable soup

Saturday - leftovers

Sunday - Chinese

On my to do list:::

paperwork

Bible Study

Put Christmas away

laundry

organize 

journalling

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::

no time for anything at this time

Looking around the house:::

I see the last vestiges of Christmas past

From the camera:::



Lynn and I at the senior choir luncheon...I am so thrilled he is singing along with us in his retirement

we have such a wonderful time with such grand friends!

Something fun to share::: 

I am very excited about the thanksgiving journal I am starting as my New Year Resolution ...I was inspired to do this because of the Voskamp book A Thousand Gifts....I just feel the spirit moving me to begin this project because I feel that I will be emboldened of spirit and strength in it for this coming year! I challenge you all to read this wonderful book and perhaps, too, you will start becoming more aware of the Lord all around you!


On my prayer list::: 

our family

our church

our neighbors and community

many special friends who are struggling with their health, family issues, and finances

2 comments:

  1. what a WONDERFUL picture of you and Dad! Praying for you all to have a restful week!

    Love you,
    a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures :)

    Hope you have a very blessed week :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~