Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Scottish Tea

Photobucket
Bernideen's Tea Time is a lovely site for  getting your  inspiration for  all things tea!  Today she is hosting    Friends with Tea a  delightful  theme    that just set me into action to have a spot of tea this afternoon.....  today's mail   brought me  the Winter edition of  Scotland  magazine which  always   intrigues me with  new destinations  for my dream itinerary to  the Highlands  someday!
  So as I  was researching  a bit   of  my favorite place on earth,, I decided to enjoy an bit of  Celtic  tea!
Photobucket
Years ago  we were very much involved with the Celtic society here in our area...  and we attended highland games  in Grandfather Mountain... there we  found this  gorgeous pottery from Buchan....  depicting the  beautiful national  flower of Scotland... the thistle..
Photobucket 
 A simple repast of  apples  and cheese    was just the  bit of  goodness to enjoy with my  Lady Earl Grey....  and    here is  the  exquisite  site I was  researching... Taymouth Castle...situated on Loch Tay at the gateway of the Scottish Highlands...   now this  has been a lovely    afternoon escape!

1 comment:

  1. Your teapot and cup are pretty with the Scottish thistle. I'm not sure if that is a tartan clan tablecloth or just a nice plaid you have but it compliments your Scottish tea.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~