Monday, January 23, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY January 23, 2012

Outside my window...dreary,  bitterly dreary!

I am thinking...not too long now til  Groundhog Day and I hope  he will not see his shadow!  Not that  believe that    but  it does tickle my fancy to contemplate  springtime!

I am thankful..the small blessings  that each day brings  that  help   us find contentment  in just being, and being where we  are!

In the kitchen...Lynn is actually  simmering a  lovely  pot of homemade vegetable soup!

I am wearing...sweats and a turtle neck....   I  cant seem to  feel  quite warm enough today!

I am creating...a mood for change in many areas of  my life....  all change for good and    a step toward more  of God in  everyday!

I am going...to be challenging myself to  do the next right thing  towards better  health and strength!

I am wondering...how to manage   the upcoming  influx of activities that spring will bring... demands on  my time,  and  challenges on my physical  being.....getting mom's house  ready to sell is going to be  quite  a challenge  for  Lynn and I!

I am reading...

Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts

Book of James


A study of Proverbs on Wisdom

I am hoping...to see progress in    the areas I have spoken of above...   in the  organization of  our home,  and in  how I am feeling about  everything!

I am looking forward to..brighter days.... these dreary, cloudy days  take my spirit and dashes it....

I am learning...to take  all my afflictions and count it all joy....  for  trials  come  of many kinds  to  teach us patience and perseverance....  it is how we manage  and overcome  that  truly matters...  and  God's Word tells us   if we stay on  the  right track with Him   there is light at the end of  each tunnel!.

Around the house...I am still trying to figure out how to meld  some of mother's  treasure in to my home....   Lynn tells me to  get rid of  one thing before adding  another...   that is the hard part......  why do I have to be so sentimental!


I am pondering... why do I automatically revert to old paths  when I know  that  having God  with me and His spirit in me  I am an overcomer  and  should cast the old  things away.....

A favorite quote for today...

Gratitude is an offering precious in the sight of God, and it is one that the poorest of us can make and be not poorer but richer for having made it. A.W. Tozer
One of my favorite things...
Photobucket
blogging  bless me so much
A few plans for the rest of the week:
Monday:  Meet with the "Cracked Pots"  and  discuss lesson 5 in our  Study on  Finding  Joy in God
Visit mom and dad for a minute  and  meet with the therapists
Tuesday- laundry, laundry, laundry
Wednesday-  take mom to the doctor   dinner at church, Adult Bible Study
Thursday-  up for grabs....  but prob  work at the other house
Friday-allergy shot, loose ends day!
Saturday- Prayer team coffee and  plan
A peek into my day...
Photobucket
Keeping up with my calendar... I never in a million years would have  thought I could  have such a busy calendar as I do  in my retirement.... and    like last week,  I had to  move my allergy shot to a different day of the week, and   lo and behold I forgot to go... and had to reschedule for a different day again this week... I  just have to keep my calendar before me every day or I can not keep up with myself!

I
Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook here for more offerings...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~