Monday, January 30, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY January 30, 2012

Outside my window...so much sunshine,  blindingly glorious  sunshine!

I am thinking...how happy I will will be when this  tummy virus  decides to  cease and  depart from me....

I am thankful..for my dear dear hubby... I can never say enough about how  wonderfully caring and sweet he is to me!

In the kitchen...  Lynn  is  clanging about  washing the dishes...  he  just  made me a lovely  breakfast and is now cleaning up the kitchen....

I am wearing...still in my  jammies, and snuggy  white terry  robe and  wool socks....   trying to  stay warm...

I am creating...nothing much this week!

I am going...  be thankful as well that  the calendar  was clear today and  I  am able to  just rest and recuperate!

I am wondering..my mind is  full of things i could  wonder about  but today    I have  pushed it all back and will just  keep my mind as clear as possible!

I am reading...

Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts
This book is such a treasure to me...  I rad it slowly to savor every nuance and figurative speech,..  the author  has such gifts of expression!
Book of James


I am hoping..to learn  all the things  the  Lord is teaching me through each new day...   he definitely has my attention!

I am looking forward to.   the day  when  all the  struggles  that  have beset our family lately will be behind us.....

I am learning...to take  all my afflictions and count it all joy....  for  trials  come  of many kinds  to  teach us patience and perseverance....  it is how we manage  and overcome  that  truly matters...  and  God's Word tells us   if we stay on  the  right track with Him   there is light at the end of  each tunnel!.

Around the house...little by little  the house is transitioning  from winter into something  a bit more fresh and  bright....I love to decorate by the season....   using  color and    textures

I am pondering... the importance of staying focused on seeing God in every  circumstance and  not giving  sway to the  lies of the deceiver  whose voice is so much like my own  it is hard to differentiate....

A favorite quote for today...
John Stott has a word for me  today..."We must allow the Word of God to confront us, to disturb our security, to undermine our complacency and to overthrow our patterns of thought and behavior."

One of my favorite things...
Photobucket
  The study and  novels on medieval times....  

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Monday:  had to  cancel my Bible Study today and just spending my day  doing quiet activities  like  blogging
Tuesday-allergy shot, marketing,   laundry
Wednesday-  take dad to the  doctor, visit with mom ,  dinner at church, Adult Bible Study
Thursday-  Choir practice,   meeting  at the library, Ladies' Bible Study on James  commences
Friday-  free day!
Saturday- Prayer  morning in chapel
A peek into my day...

Photobucket
Perhaps a peep into my house will  give you an idea 
Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook here for more offerings...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~