Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday's Show and Tell

Visit Kelli at There is No Place Like Home for more!
Photobucket
Yesterday when I went to the mail I had received a package. Upon inspection I realized it was an anniversary gift from my Mitford Secret pal. Several of us on the Jan Karon website forum have secret pals and it is always so much fun to give and receive. My secret pal knows of my great passion for learning more about the Jewish calendar, the feast, and the holy days and how they apply to our Christian faith, heritage, and actually the coming days.
It has actually been through my Beth Moore studies of the Patriarchs and the Tabernacle that has quickened my interest, and I also must give mention of our ageless study group that meets on Wednesday mornings. There is a wealth of
of treasure for the Christian in understanding the holy days of the Old testment and their correlation to our precious Savior, Jesus Christ!
Photobucket
I love this calendar complete with pages of descriptions and a dvd to help explain it all.
Photobucket
Many, many thanks to my special secret pal!

10 comments:

  1. How lovely. Be sure and visit my S&T today - it is about the symbol of the Jews and Christians!!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice of your secret pal! We used to do that at church with the ladies' fellowship:)
    Fun!

    Happy SATF!

    Linda C

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I know you are really going to enjoy this:)

    and oh yea, your hubby rocks:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting! Have fun learning the correlations. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should be in that group; I've read all of the Mitford collection! Thanks for sharing. Happy Show and Tell Friday. Here’s mine:
    http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/2009/03/show-and-tell-friday-apples.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...and what a treasure it is.

    My show n tell is all about my Easter Lily. Stop by if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  7. visiting from Kelli's show and tell!

    What a thoughtful and meaningful gift. I'm sure you will treasure it. Thanks for sharing it with us too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful calender Schotzy. Lucky you. Todd and I are very interested in Jewish Traditions as well and have studied them for a time now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful gift! Have a wonderful weekend..Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your secret pal knows you well...I hope you enjoy your calendar...

    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~