Monday, March 2, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Photobucket
Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman for more daybooks!
For Today...March 2, 2009


Outside my window...the sky is clear, the sun is bright, shining on a blanket of beautiful snow!

I am thinking... how grateful I am feeling this morning, the snow is wonderful, we need its moisture replenishing the earth here.

I am thankful for... very good gift from on high. I woke up this morning feeling achy and couldn't move, but God is putting a song in my heart!

From the kitchen... I will be doing down soon to brew coffee! Lynn is feeling under the weather this morning!

I am wearing... my spring green sweats this morning. They really knock the chill off! Cozy!

I am reading... Wives and daughters, by Elizabeth Gaskell. beginning a study of Luke.

I am hoping... that Amanda and Joshua are faring well this morning outside of Boston following this winter storm. It makes it rough when they are deep in the throes of househunting, living in a hotel, and trying to piece together their life in a new place.

I am creating... 2 new tablecloths- one for the dining room, and the other for the kitchen.

I am hearing... Josh Groban singing. Doesn't get much better than that.

Around the house... I have some laundry calling my name. Everything else is in good shape!

One of my favorite things... reading Scottish historical novels!

A few plans for the rest of the week... I start jury duty this week for the month. I have to call ahead each night before to see if I am needed to appear. No court today. Unless I am called in, I have Bible Study tomorrow as well as Wednesday morning, Wednesday fellowship dinner, and Christian world view class, Thursday I have senior choir practice and a luncheon, and hope to perhaps have coffee with a friend on Friday. But all hinges on what the sheriff's recorded message says regarding court.
Here is a picture I thought I'd share with you... the view out my studio window this morning!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Good morning, sweet friend! Sorry to hear that Lynn isn't feeling well. I've said a prayer for him, the kids, and your tender mother's heart!

    I'm so glad that God put a song in your heart today. He is so loving and giving, isn't He?

    Have a blessed week, and know that I appreciate your friendship.
    Blessings,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello friend! How are you enjoying Wives and Daughters!?! I just love it and am enjoying it immensely! Enjoyed reading your daybook! Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredible view you have!! Your day sounds good. A month of jury duty, Yikes!!

    Have a Wonderful Day
    from Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Josh Groban too! I hope that Lynn felt better as the day wore on and that your aches and pains disappeared! Loved the snowy picture as well. Great day book entry as always!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~