Monday, March 16, 2009

My Surprise

Last week I wrote of a wonderful surprise that was coming my way! It arrived today, parcel post! I left several hints last week about what it might be.
Actually, this lovely surprise and package originated from here!
Photobucket

58°01′N 3°51′W

Wow, 3 degrees west of the Greenwich, England. That just tickles my awesome bone!

Some residents of this beautiful spot include

Photobucket



Photobucket
And one very special little guy,


Photobucket

This handsome North Country Cheviot,

Rosebud!

The locale, Brora, Scotland...the wonderful friend who sent the package, dear Stacey of A Lamb in the Field ,who had this amazing giveaway last month and by God's grace I won!

Today a beautiful carton stamped Royal Mail arrived. I was too eager to even get a photo of that! First of all, there was a beautiful Scottish tea towel of the finest linen depicting the various kinds of Scottish heather!
Photobucket
Then there was my very own Peat Reek, a set of incense that reeks of peat, I suppose when burned. I will really experience the true essence of a Scottish croft.
Photobucket
Then I have several items to share!
Photobucket
Here you see a darling journal by a famous Scottish artist entitled Baaaaad Girls with the most precious sheep on the cover. There is a package of I am sure delicious Orkney Fudge! Yum! There is a packet of Highland Bluebell seeds, and a coaster depicting a famous quote by Poet Laureat, Robert Burns. But that is not all!!!
Then we have the following!
Photobucket
Precious figures of a gorgeous Westie and a handsome black Scottie and an adorable teddy holding the beautiful Scottish flag. A handcrafted bookmark depicting my favorite critter, a cute little lambie! And the flash is interfering but it is a cross stitch kit of a heraldic thistle, Scotland's national flower!
But that is not all!!!!!!
Drum roll!
My very own.....
Photobucket
Rosebud! What an amazing collection of treasures from my very favorite dream spot of the whole world.... Scotland!
Photobucket
Thanks so much, Stacey,
I am so excited I can hardly type! I love it all! I am even excited about reading the newspaper that was stuffed into the box for packing! I ironed it out this afternoon! I am hopelessly enamored, or couldn't you tell!
Slainte, Carolyn

6 comments:

  1. How exciting and wonderful!!!!! I am so jealous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful package Schotzy! KNowing how much you love Scotland, you must have been so excited and thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful & lovely package to receive -- I would read the newspaper, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! I love the little Scottish lamby- he is so adorable! The tea towel and journal are beautiful too! You should frame the cross-stitch after you've finished it. So excited for you and glad you have found such a special friend in Scotland!

    Love,
    Amanda :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are most heartily welcome, Carolyn! I'm really glad it went to someone so enthusiastic. And there was my little Rosebud, too! We are honoured. I'm also glad everything came in one piece. Between the Royal Mail and the USPS, you just never know. Enjoy your goodies! Oh, and we are having Colcannon today for St Patrick's Day dinner. Almost your recipe exactly. And I was surprised when I saw Brora Harbour in your post! We walk there often to see what' going on with the animals, plants, and sea. Someday perhaps you will join us! Finally, thanks for turning me on to Chris Botti... what great music! Thanks, and Cheers for now! :-) Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wow, wow! What an awesoms array of gifts! You were mightily blessed by a very generous blogger. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~