Monday, March 9, 2009

Jury Duty

Photobucket
It's official! I report tomorrow. This will be the second time I have been called up since I retired from teaching. The last was selected to serve on a two day drug case that involved a shooting. I just wonder if I'll be selected tomorrow. My goodness, at least fifty jurors were listed to report in the morning. I need to get off the computer now and figure out what I can take to pass the time while I wait. I do dread the waiting. Of course, I did have my allergy testing scheduled for tomorrow which I now need to reschedule. Drat! well, it is a great thing to serve, and it was a real education last time, but I must admit, I am hoping for a simple civil case tomorrow!

6 comments:

  1. Hope it all goes well for you! :) Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only 50 were called up? Each time I've been called, there were about 300 called up. It made for such long days of waiting. I did take my knitting each time, though, which helped pass the time; plus visiting with others standing nearby. That's right, STANDING. Our county calls over 300 people each time, and there is room for approximately 12 people to sit in the waiting area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never had to do Jury Duty, thankfully. I wish you luck! Hope it's not too boring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been called but never chosen...I guess that is good but makes me feel like I am back in school where I was never chosen until last for any team sports. Hope you get an interesting case.

    Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carolyn,

    I've only had jury duty once but wasn't chosen. My husband served on a murder trial that lasted a month. The verdict was guilty.

    I hope if you get chosen, it won't be for too long a stretch.

    Thank you for the book recommendation. I look at Amazon.com for it and it sounds delightful. I'm going to order it! :)

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jury duty...hmmmm, I don't want to do it!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~