Monday, March 23, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

Photobucket
For Today March 23, 2009
Outside my window...
it is 44 degrees with a promise of a lovely spring day. The sky is clear and the birds are singing.
I am thankful for...
all the blessings God sends my way. Our romantic getaway this weekend was so much fun and such a wonderful time spent together, just the two of us. I thank the Lord He gave us the means and opportunity to do this.
From the kitchen...
I am briasing some pork to make Lynn's favorite, some barbecue and making him a nice bowl of cole slaw for his very own.
I am wearing...
my khaki slacks and green sweater set and tennis shoes.
I am reading...
the book of Luke, and Gaskell's Wives and Daughters.
I am hoping...
to get out today and buy some bedding plants, pansies especially.
I am creating...
I hate to admit it, but I still have those tablecloths to make, and I bought some coordinating faric to make some napkins. I really want to get those done this week!
I am hearing...
the hustle and bustle of people out and about. It is 9:239 am and the world is up and at'em!
Around the house...
I still need to unpack and do some laundry and work some more in my studio. I am trying to redeem the space to start a new project which I'll share about later.
One of my favorite things...
planning tea and coffee gatherings for my friends. I have the prayer team coming here on Saturday so I will be thinking and planning this, this week.
A few plans for the rest of the week...
Church council meeting tonight, exercise class Tuesday, Bible study with the ageless group on Wednesday, fellowship dinner and Christian world view class Wed. night, exercise class Thursday, hopefully coffee out with Dottie one day, and the girls over Saturday for prayer study.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
Photobucket
This is our back door and it certainly looks like it is ready for some sprucing up for spring. Those planters are looking pretty sad! Hopefully by the weekend it will look much more happy!
Visit Peggy here for more daybook entries!

8 comments:

  1. I think your country cottage is lovely. It looks to me like a picture postcard. Enjoy your busy week.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your back door looks great compared to what I need to get out and clean-up as the whole desert has blown in. Your daffodils are so tall!

    Have a Marvelous Monday
    from The Raggedy Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely back door Schotzy! How wonderful that you are Lynn were able to get away for a weekend a deux!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a cute home!!! I love reading your daybook! Hope it's a blessed week for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post. I loved reading about what you are cooking, your plans and what you are wearing. You really have a gift for words.
    I love your blog, your music and your Easter Header is lovely.

    Thank you for stopping by, so nice to meet you.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your back door looks so good compared to mine...lol...hope your flower pots get filled soon.
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Carolyn,
    Your backyard looks lovely, with the daffodils coming through. Ian wants to know if you've eaten your Orkney fudge yet! I will keep reading to see how your trip away was. Hope you are well and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the springtime look at your back door and I'm loving your daybook.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~