Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring 's a'Comin'

"Come, gentle Spring! Ethereal Mildness! Come."- James Thomson

It is hard to believe that there was 8 inches of snow on the ground a week ago and today the thermometer is pushing 80. Yesterday morning when I returned from prayer meeting I saw the daffodils beginning to peek at me. Then the temps climbed into the mid-eighties!
Photobucket

Today they are much perkier!
Photobucket

At church this morning I saw there pretty smiling faces....
Photobucket
and the trees were bursting forth!
PhotobucketPhotobucket
When we got home from church the forsythia was breaking out as well!
Photobucket
Photobucket
"An altered look about the hills;
A Tyrian light the village fills;
A wider sunrise in the dawn;
A deeper twilight on the lawn;
A print of a vermilion foot;
A purple finger on the slope;
A flippant fly upon the pane;
A spider at his trade again;
An added strut in chanticleer;
A flower expected everywhere ..."
- Emily Dickinson

3 comments:

  1. Love the poem by Emily Dickenson! My mom back in Canada was getting snow today. It's been very springlike here this past week. I just love spring in England! It's so green and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the poem and I think while I will miss winter I am ready for spring. The daffodils are so sweet.

    Have a wonderful Sunday
    from Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delightful darlings in your gardens. My garden has been dancing in daffodils for some time now. Yesterday I espied camellias in full bloom and the first hints of saucer magnolia blooms. I love spring! : D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~