Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tempt My Tummy Tuesday!

Photobucket
For a very happy St. Pattie's Day enjoy
COLCANNON

2 lbs Potatoes
1 large Cabbage
1 large Onion
4 oz of butter
Pinch of Pepper & Salt
Half pint Milk
Peel and divide the potatoes, chop the onions and cabbage. Layer a saucepan with the potatoes and add the pinch of salt and pepper. Layer the onion and cabbage on top of the potatoes and add enough water to cover the mixture. Boil and then simmer for 15 to 20 minutes untl the potatoes are cooked. Mash the mixture thoroughly adding the butter and milk to ensure a good consistency.Serve with meat, steak, sausages, etc.

Visit Lisa at Blessed by Grace for more fun Tempt My Tummy Recipes!



4 comments:

  1. Great recipe to share for St. Patty's Day! Thanks for sharing the recipe and linking up to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy St. Patrick's Day
    from Raggedy Girl/Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats sounds yummy, I will have to make it for my family. I however am allergic to cabbage so I will have to forgo it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~