Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Fleur-de-lis

Photobucket
The fleur-de-lys is what caught my eye about this backround.
Being representative of French royalty it has always attracted me. I suppose due to my Normandy roots. Although Fleurs-de-lis feature prominently in the Crown Jewels of England and Scotland as well. The tressure flory-counterflory (flowered border) has been a prominent part of the design of the Scottish royal arms and Royal Standard since James I of Scotland.
The treasured fleur-de-luce he claims
To wreathe his shield, since royal James.
If you have followed my blog for a while you probably know how enamored I am with all things Scottish because
of my Lindsay and Blair lineage. So the fleur-de-lys symbol resonates with me deep within!
Photobucket
(Thanks to Wikipedia for help with this post)

3 comments:

  1. i love your new blog dress and header.It's all lovely...Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fleur de lis and scrolls in decor, too!! Hope you had a good day!
    Blessings,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I see! Nevermind that last comment :o)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~