Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A New Award

How exciting to read that I have been awarded this very special award by a dear friend, Susan at A happy Heart at Home. Her blog is always so uplifting and a real encouragement to all who visit there!
Photobucket
This award comes with a few to-do's:
1.) Say one nice thing to the man in your life:
Even after 36 years of marriage, our life together only gets sweeter and sweeter!
Our road is all the smoother, because we travel it together!
Photobucket
2.) List at least 6 ways you measure success in your life:
~Am I creating a happy, nurturing home for my family~
~ Am I saying yes to God and going where He leads me~
~Am I allowing the light of Christ to shine through me and my life~
~Is my husband happy~
~Are my children successful and centered in the Lord~
~Do I see myself as God sees me and believe and trust Him in all things~
3.) Assign 5 other blogs this award:
1. Of course I immediately think of Stacey, of A Lamb in the Field, who left her homeland to follow the man of her dreams to a remote and foreign land.
2. One of the most successful women and bloggers I know is Marie, of A Year at Oak Cottage! She also gave up her life this side of the Atlantic to start anew in England. Her multi-talents inspire all the many who followher blog!
3.Emily, of The Beautiful Life, comes to mind next. She is a Proverbs 29 woman. Raising her sweet family surrounded with beauty, the handiwork of her hands, all around her.
4. Of course, then, there is Mary of Hydrangea Skies! What a dear, dear friend she has been to me through thick and thin! Even though I only know her through Cyberland, her support, prayers, and steadfast loyalty and encouragement has meant more to me than she will ever know!
5. This list isn't complete without Karen of A Scrapbook of Inspiration! One of the most talented ladies I have ever met I just love her blog and she gives God all the glory!! Praise the Lord!!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful award.Doesn't it make you smile.Congrats sweet lady...Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award Schotzy! Thanks so much for passing it on to me! My goodness, I am sure amongst good company! You've really made my day! I love your list of six things with which you are measuring success in your life. Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carolyn! Thank you so much for the award! I'm very excited about it. It was fun reading all the things about you, as well. I will hop over to my blog and see what I can do about honouring this award!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~