Thursday, January 22, 2009

What Was I Thinking

Photobucket



Tomorrow I begin a 10 day substitute stint in fifth grade. I am really, really dreading this. When I first got the call I thought great, I'll get 10 days done all at once and wont be dragging around all spring trying to scrounge up days, but now I am thinking, oh my goodness, what have I done? This is my 6th year of retirement and to say that I am out of the mood of teaching is an understatement. But also fifth graders this time of year are not exactly the mot accepting of a substitute. Last year I did one day in fifth and I promised I'd never go back... to that class. I do remember these kids from last year and they are a good group so I do hold out hope that they havent changed too much. but those hormones do a job of 11 and 12 year olds. Anyway, I will be teaching geometry and physical science. There again, with my experience in third and fourth grade, I am feeling more than a little over whelmed today. If anyone is reading this, please send along a prayer for me to be lifted in spirit and strengthened in the Lord to face and accomplish the best job I can in this endeavor. Right at this moment I am feeling ineffectual and tired. I need a huge dose of adrenalin, which I suppose will come about the time I step into that room at 7:30 in the morning.

3 comments:

  1. A Family Joke...
    Small great grandson is listening to The Little Drummer Boy playing on the radio. He says the song sounds "funny". I tell him the man singing it is not the regular one we are used to and that is why it sounds funny. He says...... Oh he is a substitute!
    His teacher mom loves this story.
    To all you subs out there, may I say Thank You on behalf of my teacher hubby who just need a day off from time to time and you make it possible.
    Praying for your stint in 5th grade.
    Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck dear friend and I hope it all works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! That is a turnabout from never doing it again!! Well, God will give you all you need to see it through!! Eat right, go to bed early and PRAY!! It's all good! One of those kids may really need you there for some reason...you never know!
    Praying for ya!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~