Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Word Filled wednesday

Photobucket
Amy Deanne of the 160 Acre Woods hosts this wonderful theme each Wednesday. Please check her site for more Words from the Lord!
Photobucket
'"In your anger do not sin:' Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry."
I love this scripture. I learned this one from my parents from an early age. I was raised in a very loving home, but my parents were fussy. They just naturally fussed at each other a lot, and some other family members would actually laugh at them for being so quarrelsome. But the one thing my parents always taught me, was to never let the sun go down on your anger. They would quarrel and then the air was always clear. They never went to bed mad.
In my own home, in the early days of our marriage it really helped me to remember this key verse. Sometimes an argument would go on deep into the night, because I was always determned to resolve any conflict before going to bed. Learning the importance of conflict resolution is one of the most valuable skills in marriage, especially learning to give and take and to choose your battles. And then eventually, it is wonderful when there just doesnt seem to be a need for conflict at all. What a wonderful place to reside!

13 comments:

  1. Such powerful words, bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is a good verse dear human being have a tendency to get angry even the sun is not showing in the sky. Hmmm thanks for sharing. Mine is up also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great scripture to use with that picture.

    Happy WFW!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was great and sooooooooooo true! I'm from Louisiana, so we have decorate with fleur-de-lis as well.

    Blessings to you this WFW♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen to that! And beautiful Scripture & picture, too. Happy WFW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that verse also. However, it brings to mind a quote by Phyllis Diller that I once read. She said, "never go to bed mad, stay up and fight."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great verse, and I really appreciated hearing your story on how anger doesn't get a foothold in your home! Happy WFW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great reminder this verse should be to us all.

    Happy WFW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a great lesson to learn and to see by example! Love the photo you chose to go with it. I hope your time with those 5th graders goes better than anyone can expect!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops my first comment got eaten. This is a great lesson to learn!! I hope your time with the 5th graders goes well and you are left with energy when the assignment ends!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I needed to read that today...

    Thanks.

    Happy WFW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do not practice this scripture as often as I should. Thanks for reminding me how important it is to follow this scripture. Happy WFW!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is what we've lived by as well for our marriage.. we fight it out til we're resolved lol

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~