Monday, January 26, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Photobucket

Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman for more!

FOR TODAY January 26, 2009

Outside my window... it is cloudy and the threat of a winter storm is upon us. They are calling for light snow flurries today developing into an event overnight!

I am thinking...I hope to get a full day of subbing today and wouldn't mind going in and having school close around 10 am tomorrow. Although I certainly do not wish to drive back home the 30 some odd miles in freezing rain! Yikes!


I am thankful for...the opportunity to sub and take advantage of my retirement package, even though it requires 20 days of sometimes grueling work. It depends on the class. Thankfully, this class is a nice group of kids. It is just that after 6 years of retirement I'm ready to really give it up now.


From the kitchen...Nothing scheduled for today although I do have some ground beef I need to use. Lynn is taking me to breakfast this morning and I'll have to think about supper.


I am wearing...white turtle neck and navy slacks.


I am creating... plans to create an atmosphere for learning in fifth grade!


I am going...to be subbing all week and next week for our Mr. H. He was Amanda's fifth grade teacher here in the city schools 11 years ago and now he teaches at my old school. Small world!


I am reading...The Believer's Authority- a great book on how to pray more effectively.


I am hoping...to find some time this week to catch up on my Esther, Bible Study homework. It is so hard to catch up once I get behind. Of course, I will miss the meeting this week and thankfully schools are closed next Tuesday so I will get to go.


I am hearing...the radiators pop and crack as they warm up. This old house really talks on cold mornings.


Around the house...nothing is planned except for the general pick up.


One of my favorite things...meeting with my prayer group friends. I love to share Bible truths with like minded women who love to deep in and make biblical connections in scripture. This group is amazing- we all bring a special dynamic to the discussions and we have so much fun in the Lord!


A few plans for the rest of the week:Subbing, subbing, subbing subbing, subbing.Sometime I will watch the taped movie from last night- The Last Templar- I hope it was good. I will watch the taped episode of 24 that I am recording tonight, Wednesday night church dinner and pastor's study, and that is all I can think of. I hope that is all. I will need to rest the rest of the time!!


Here is picture I thought I would share...
If you have not discovered Etiquette with Miss Janice's site you must visit her for her tips on tea parties. On of my favorite things is haveing ladies over for tea. The niceties that tea incurs just blesses me in my spirit.

Photobucket

I love my tea chest that Lynn bought me for Christmas several years ago. It is my faithful companion with every tea party I have!

6 comments:

  1. I love these kind of everyday list as I think it shows us how similar Christian home makers are to each other.
    Have a great Monday
    Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your daybook for today. Isn't it wonderful to participate each week!?! I find it's so helpful as a quiet reflection as the week starts!! Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy oh boy oh boy! I do NOT envy you your subbing. It takes a strong-willed woman to do that. I know. I've been there. I consider myself a retired teacher. I taught for 15 years, and that was enough! You couldn't drag me into a classroom for anything now, but I admire your tenacity. Go with God, and I know you will be a blessing to those kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful day book Entry, Schotzy! I love the book of Esther in the bible. It's one of my favourite books. I read a novel based on it once as well, which was really really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are too sweet! I love hearing everyone's list of things they hope to do:-) I also love your photo on the side "...friends around the tea table"! Love that tea chest...When I attended Etiquette School up North, we had a chest full of teabags (Harney) available to us daily! I need to get one:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tea on the side bar! Miss Janice is a wonderful lady!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~