Monday, January 26, 2009

Tablescape Thursday

Susan, of Between Naps on the Porch hosts this each week!
On Saturday I hosted our church prayer team for our study on praying effectively. We have started meeting in the various homes and this time I was honored to have the girls. We always like to have a bit of something decadent so I cheated and stopped it at Fresh Market for a carrot cake roll.
Photobucket
It was lovely reprising my antique dishes I inherited for Lynn's mom, which I hadnt used since last summer.
Photobucket
Photobucket
My new tea cosy worked like a charm keeping our pot toasty warm. The tea and coffee poured freely and we truly had a marvelous time of fellowship as well as the excellent teaching on the believer's authority!

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful table! Nothing better than friends and/or family gathered around the table for a special occasion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice and I love the placemats.
    Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, and nothing tops off good fellowship like really digging into the Word!!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Have a blessed week!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely table!

    Just wanted to let you knwo that Susan's linky brings us to your Monday's post..not Tablescape Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog and table setting. I am on the prayer team for my church. I love on wings like eagles. I found your blog through Between naps on the Porch

    Marge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty table! I love your dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very lovely tablescape, the colors in the china and all go so well together.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely! Your table looks wonderful. Sure enjoyed your blog!
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your table setting is so pretty. Love all the dishes, just gorgeous.

    Hugs;
    Alaura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alaura...gorgeous china...you gotta use this beautiful china more often! :-) What a lovely table and the Carrot Cake looks yummy! You did save me a piece, right? :-) Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty...I hope that carrot cake roll tastes as good as it looks!
    Have a happy week!
    ;-D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~