Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Beginnings (continued)

Photobucket
Our wonderful pastor has begun a dynamic teaching on stewardship, which he defines as the measure of our lives in ministry, or more simply put, walking in the Spirit. We are to die to self and live under the Lordship of Christ. Pastor used John the 13th chapter to demonstrate that Jesus' act of washing the disciples' feet was not only an example of servanthood in humility, but also, we need the daily washing because of our life walking through this sinful world- our flesh becomes tainted and a daily washing with his Living Word will help us self evaluate our walk and convict us to make needed corrections as we grow in sanctification. Toward that end I am beginning a Read Through the Bible in One Year program whereby I start in Genesis and read 3 chapters every day and 5 on Sunday. Because I am a few days behind, I really need to step it up tonight and tomorr0w to catch up. I am excited because this will my first time to ever do this! Sad to admit there are books of the Bible I have never read.

3 comments:

  1. I just finished reading the whole Bible in 2008 and i loved it and I was proud of myself that I never gave up even when it got hard to keep up the commitment. This year I am reading the letters of the Bible and taking it a little slower.
    Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have wonderful, inspiring plans for the new year. Ian and I are planning several Bible studies and devotions, too. And on one of my trips back to America recently, I got a copy of The Message. I have read the Bible through in NIV and NKJV, but I really wanted to read the whole thing via The Message. I was a little skeptical at first, but it is all accurate and done by a true scholar and man of God. It's fantastic, in my opinion. So, I'll be reading right along with you, in a different translation.

    Much joy and many blessings to you and yours this New Year!

    Stacey :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an excellent plan! Proud of you and MJ and Pop for having these goals! I love you!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~