Friday, January 9, 2009

Mother/Daughter Time

This week I was priveleged to get to attend Amanda while she shopped for fabric to upholster a wingback chair that my parents had given them. Of course, it took all of an afternoon to peruse each ailse of fabric, around and around back and forth, back and forth. Amanda liked so many but it was because they reminded her of what she had grown up with. " I like it, but it looks like home! I want something different. " Then she'd find something, but it would invaribly be cost preventative. Then we would have to discuss cost differentials and how much more they'd be willing to pay to get what they really want. It was all in all a very enlightening afternoon. In the end, she was able to get her favorite. This pattern is reminicent of the berry picking she and Josh have so enjoyed this past year.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

5 comments:

  1. Your Amanda sounds a bit like me! There is so much fabric now a days to choose from, it makes it hard. Love what she chose and hope you'll post it when the chair is done. Happy New Year!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad she got what she wanted.You know if you don't,you are never really happy with the project...Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a job to undertake. I'd love to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful way to spend a day looking at all those lovely fabrics and just dreaming.
    Roberta Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Schotzy, it has been awhile since I visited your blog. I am glad to say hello again. Shopping for fabric is not an easy thing to do. It sounds like you had a great time together with a happy ending. A sweet post today.

    Hugs...Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~