Friday, January 23, 2009

Show and Tell, Friday

Visit with Kelli, at There is No Place Like Home for more Show and Tell, Friday!
Photobucket
This week while going around consignment shops price checking for a church project I ran across these wonderful dishes. They really struck a cord with me.
I love transferware dishes and grew up with the traditional blue and white willow pattern, but these are in pink. The pattern, Brook, depicts a quaint English cottage with a turretted castle tower in the background. Of course, I fell instantly in love. They only had these 8 salad dishes. Now I have something very special to me to collect!
Churchill China seen here in both blue and pink!
Photobucket
Here I paired the salad plate with my whites for our cosy dinner for three this week.
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful dishes. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them Schotzy!! What a lucky find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful purchase. I love these. AND! I LOVE your Valentine decor here on your blog.

    My show n tell is finally posted. It's not much this week, but it's something. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those dishes, also. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They appear to be brown transferware. Perhaps that's the camera. Thank you for sharing. Happy Show and Tell Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, what a great find! They look really nice with your white dinner plates. I love mixing and matching china...good for you for thrifting these beauties. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty dishes. Good luck on the continued hunt for more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely and add so much warmth! I just love things with history. You never know who ate off of them!! Fun to think about!
    Blessings,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dishes are very pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These dishes are so pretty and just make the table special. Thanks for showing us:)

    Linda C

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~