Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Another Favorite Author

Photobucket
Obviously, you might guess another favorite author writes Scottish historical romance. Her name is Kathleen Givens and she is a great scholar of British history. Her flair for writing historical romance full of historical intrigue and flavor makes her a giant in the field. The first book I read was On a Highland Shore. From that moment I was mesmerized and knew I had to have them all. I have a book shelf dedicated just to her. See her books online at http://www.kathleengivens.com/books.shtml. Right now I am reading Rivals for the Crown and I cannot put it down!!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE to read and blogging and meeting new bloggers has made a wonderful difference in my reading world. I'm always on the hunt for something good and different. I read classics mostly right now, since there are so many I haven't read, plus my we homeschool and my kids are reading them too. Sometimes, I crave something new and different and not so difficult. Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it turned out to be one of my better genius ideas. Then you have a notebook full of pretty art journaling too and the scriptures come to life.

    One thing which helped me is to cut things up from magazines right away and store then in a little box, otherwise you end up saving all these magazines for future cutting up and it just becomes clutter. You can do it while you sit and watch TV.

    Multitasking...mom's best friend.

    I know what you mean. I think about it everyday. In another year and half, my little girl will be gone to college. I wish God would give me another baby girl to do crafts with. LOL

    Blessings. Gotta run or I'll be late for my part time job of folding fat quarters and ringing up quilting customers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment. I am always looking for new authors and I love historical fiction. My father's family came from Scotland so I love to read books about it. I will definitely look for this book at our library.
    Rhondi

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~