Saturday, June 7, 2008

My Day in Blacksburg

What an amazing day! I was going to Blacksburg to take Amanda to luncheon. It being Friday, the traffic on the Interstate was horrendous, so I opted to drive up Blacksburg Road through the country. Best ride I think I've ever had. It was hay cutting day up through the valley. The fields were green, the mountains were verdant green against a teal blue sky with huge fluffy white clouds! Every bird I saw along the fence rows was a red wing blackbird,... beautiful and swallowtail butterflies flittered across my path all along the way! Imagine this road in early summer-

Photobucket
The Virginia Byway winds its way across Catawba Valley through pristine farms.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I picked Amanda up from her lab and took her to the Daily Grind where we shared a hearty repast and mother/daughter exchanges ranging from experiences, hopes, and spiritual gleanings!

Photobucket

Then I was thrilled to cross paths with her dear husband, Joshua, who is preparing soon to finish his advanced degree and begin his career!

Photobucket

That afternoon I was delighted to retrace my steps back through the valley and return home.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~