Monday, June 16, 2008

Photobucket
Suzanne, over at http://blueberrycottage.blogspot.com/ has offered the Make the House a Home Challenge for the month of June.
This past weekend I posted how we upgraded the guest bedroom from a full to a queen size bed. we purchsed extended rails when we purchased out new mattress. I've been thinking of ways to make the room more accommodating by offering toiletries for guests personal use.
Photobucket

Fresh towels are always available unpon arrival.

Photobucket

When my daughter and sil come this weekend I want each room to provide a cheery greeting. One way I have softened the stark lines of the sunroom by adding flowers in unexpected places.
Photobucket Usually this snowgoose sports cattails and grasses, but these delight blue flowers echo the fabulous blue hydrangeas that are growing right outside the window.
Photobucket
Amanda and Joshua are professional violinsits who will be performing in town this weekend. I want their stay here to be as comfortable as being at home. One cozy spot for a quick nap is the sunroom sofa supplied with select soft afghans and coverlets.
Photobucket
We live in a 1930's English Tudor and do not have an entrance foyer. This room arrangement creates an entrance and also provides a more conversational environment.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


A new arrangement of furniture does create a more livable space. I love having plenty of chairs for large groups who meet here, but they are difficult to arrange without looking like they just encircle the room.
Photobucket
I sit in the plaid chair to have my personal time with the Lord. This arrangement puts my favored study books at my fingertips.
Photobucket
This new bookcase helps in organizing my books and spruces up the landing of the stairs by the living room. Now all of my spiritual books are together and easy to access from my "Secret Place" where I spend time in prayer and solitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~