Friday, June 6, 2008

Show and Tell Friday

Show and Tell

This week as I join in with Kelli's Show and Tell Friday we're are sharing bookshelf treasures. To find more or to join in the fun go to
www.kellishouse.blogspot.com/

Photobucket


This is my shelf housing my current Bible Study aids and favorite cd's. This shelf resides right beside me as I sit here at the computer. It supports every phase of my life as an individual. My writing materials, drafts, painting ideas, portfolios, and other favorite current books are alway just a simple arm's reach away!
I suppose a mantle can be considered a shelf: This beautiful embroidered silk picture was given to us by our daughter when she returned from her China tour.

Photobucket



Speaking of our daughter, this shelf commemorates the various stages of her youth with us. Married now, she is a master's biologist at university. Goody for me, I get to go up and take her to lunch today!!

Photobucket

A fun collection of porcelain elephants was discovered in a box in my husband's parents' attic when we were going through things preparing to sell the homeplace.

Photobucket
Since I am becoming an avid student of Scottish medieval times, I have started a collection of things medieval.

Photobucket
I love birds and their birdsong. My bird tree stays up all year now!
Photobucket

Lastly, I would like to share a couple of my very special treasures: some more of the fabulous decorative painting on wood heirlooms my mother made for me to pass down to Amanda someday!

Photobucket
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. I'm afraid some of your images don't work but the ones that do are lovely. Your bookshelf is perfect! :)

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures of your daughters life are very sweet. She is quite accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unfortunately I can't view your photos, but it sounds like you have some wonderful treasures.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your visit and your sweet words! I look forward to knowing you better.

    Blessings,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't see most of the images either but loved what you said about the bookshelf holding the various stages of your interest and life.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry I couldn't see your photos but from your descriptions they sounded delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing with us. Its nice to have things close by. My little nest gets overcrowded at times. I like to have the things I'm currently interested in closeby. Enjoy lunch.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  8. Unfortunately the last several pictures are just a white box saying they've been moved or deleted. But I love that embroidered picture from China. I love needlework and love to see what kinds are done in different countries, and that one is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad that your pictures are up now. Such lovely treasures! And your bird tree! I am partial to birds. They are such gentle creatures.

    Have a lovely evening!

    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you were able to get the pictures posted. Everything you shared is so pretty. I especially liked the embroidered silk picture and the decorative painting your mom did.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Luv the silk picture on the stand!
    Truly beautiful! Thank you for showing us your lovely treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't have any problems seeing your photos! You have such wonderful treasures!! Thank you for sharing!

    Join me every weekend for "Weekend Decorating" on my blog: http://emsbingy.blogspot.com if you would like to. Hope to see you there!

    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a huge blessing and encouragement to me~